Ford Focus ST Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my mate has a seat cupra k1 the standard spec is as follows.

Standard spec:-

Bhp- 236
Torque (nm) 300

he has a stage 1 bluefin other than that its standard

new spec (according to superchips website)

Bhp- 280
Torque (nm) 381

i wont bother with the standard spec of the st as im sure you all know it but i have stage 1 bluefin on my st and my new spec (according to superchips website) is as follows

Bhp - 275
Torque (nm) 408

so in your opinions whos going to win in a race?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts

Bhp- 236
Torque (nm) 300

Bhp- 280
Torque (nm) 381

i wont bother with the standard spec of the st as im sure you all know it but i have stage 1 bluefin on my st and my new spec (according to superchips website) is as follows

Bhp - 275
Torque (nm) 408

Set it the
up dawwwwwg!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Unfortunately the likelihood is that your not making what superchips say. But then some cars do, all cars are different and all.

I doubt there'd be much in it tbh but of course you'd need to test that on a private road/track plus it depends on what your comparing, rolling starts, launches, track times etc ...

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unfortunately the likelihood is that your not making what superchips say. But then some cars do, all cars are different and all.

I doubt there'd be much in it tbh but of course you'd need to test that on a private road/track plus it depends on what your comparing, rolling starts, launches, track times etc ...
well it would have to be quarter of a mile from stand still only fair test imo

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
to be honest the power he has feels so different to mine... hes car gets through the gears very quick where as i have a much longer ratio

·
Registered
1,380 Posts

Bhp- 236
Torque (nm) 300

Bhp- 280
Torque (nm) 381

Bhp - 275
Torque (nm) 408

The quicker your car is not dependant on how much power it has.

It has or ment to have its all about weight and traction a lighter car with more traction and less power will wipe the ass of stage 1 ST or Cupra trust me Iv been amazed at some cars at track days and at Santa pod.

If you guys want to see who's got the best car go on a track day (no racing though
) best experience Iv ever had and so many more to come makes you drive better on the roads too.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The quicker your car is not dependant on how much power it has.

It has or ment to have its all about weight and traction a lighter car with more traction and less power will wipe the ass of stage 1 ST or Cupra trust me Iv been amazed at some cars at track days and at Santa pod.

If you guys want to see who's got the best car go on a track day (no racing though
) best experience Iv ever had and so many more to come makes you drive better on the roads too.
i would really love to do a track day.. just not in my own car lol

·
Registered
800 Posts
As said above, its not all down to BHP and Torque, lots of other factors to consider.

For example, A Lotus Elise R has a mere 189BHP, but with a 0-60 time of less than 5 seconds it'll
on both those cars, in a straight line and round the bends

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
As said above, its not all down to BHP and Torque, lots of other factors to consider.

For example, A Lotus Elise R has a mere 189BHP, but with a 0-60 time of less than 5 seconds it'll
on both those cars, in a straight line and round the bends
even then still down to who's driving if the stig was in an ST and keith chegwin in the Elise know who my money would be on lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.