Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking about what intercooler to get before our great summer arrives
. any help would be great.

·
Registered
659 Posts
QUOTE(Jamsie @ 6 Jan 2010, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>thinking about what intercooler to get before our great summer arrives
. any help would be great.

I have a Radtec, great peice of kit, shop around and ask for discounts is my advice

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I went for the Airtec Gen 3. £270 quid delivered and it beat the more expensive intercoolers in a magazine test. No brainer really

·
Registered
293 Posts
i personally have the Radtec makes a great diffrence and do recoment but are pricey compared to some others i beleve the airtec is prob about the best value for money and people always have good coments about them

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
QUOTE(Simo @ 6 Jan 2010, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I went for the Airtec Gen 3. £270 quid delivered and it beat the more expensive intercoolers in a magazine test. No brainer really

^^^^ What Simo says, it honestly cant be faulted.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I have a Radtec IC but at almost twice the price of the Airtec, and if they had been available when I got it I would have got the Airtec.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
QUOTE(gray @ 6 Jan 2010, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>whats the diff between the gen 1/2/3? just made it a little better?

Yeah alot better, The first one looked as though a 5 year old had welded it

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a black Airtec gen3 and its a great piece of kit considering what some can cost you. Easy to fit too, did mine in an hour and im no mechanic! Just make sure the boost pipes are nice and tight cause i got the old 'ESP System Failure' due to mine not being tight enough. You will notice a big dif when it gets abit warmer.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ive got the Pro Alloy IC, black with the orange PRO on the front!! Great bit of kit and really looks the part, highly recommended!!!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,082 Posts
QUOTE(gray @ 6 Jan 2010, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>yeh i was looking to the airtec one.
what make is the dreamscience one?

The Ds intercooler is a slightly smaller Radtec , great bit of kit

·
Registered
222 Posts
How about the forge one guys? any opinions? I am probably going to get one new at 40% the price. Is it any good or should i stick to the airtec?

·
Registered
484 Posts
radtec make the dreamscience one dont they?
ive got the dsci intercooler sitting ready to go on and if its the smaller one itas massive for a smaller intercooler!

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
I also have the Airtec gen3, got it on the group buy for £250 - absolute bargain, you will really see the difference come summer. Great piece of kit, it looks really good in silver behind the grill. As Simo has said it beat the rest in magazine tests so it really is great choice. I know a few people missed out on the group buy, maybe you could speak to Alan @AS to organise another one? When May arrives everyone who hasnt got one will want one!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts