cIA - air intake temp
Volts
RPM
cWT - water temp

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
Time to sound stoopid...

What are the abbreviations for those Choccy Sir ... Still getting used to mine !!
Sorry - should have put those in:-

Fuel Pressure = FPR (measured in PSI)
Volts = VLT
Water Temperature = cWT

Litres of Fuel Remaining = XGauge Code; you can access this via the "trip" menu normally. However, you can program this as an accessible "gauge" by storing it as an XGauge. Instructions are in the little blue book that came with the Scangauge (bottom of page 28). You will have to train your Scangauge to your fuelling. Refer to the laminated card that came with the unit. Essentially, you tell it how big your tank is, tell it when it is full, and then after a few days tell it how much fuel you put in to get it back to "full" again. From that it can work out your cost per mile, fuel remaining, exact fuel economy etc etc etc.....

·
1,285 Posts
Sorry - should have put those in:-

Fuel Pressure = FPR (measured in PSI)
Volts = VLT
Water Temperature = cWT

Litres of Fuel Remaining = XGauge Code; you can access this via the "trip" menu normally. However, you can program this as an accessible "gauge" by storing it as an XGauge. Instructions are in the little blue book that came with the Scangauge (bottom of page 28). You will have to train your Scangauge to your fuelling. Refer to the laminated card that came with the unit. Essentially, you tell it how big your tank is, tell it when it is full, and then after a few days tell it how much fuel you put in to get it back to "full" again. From that it can work out your cost per mile, fuel remaining, exact fuel economy etc etc etc.....
I didn't get the manual with mine, Laura printed it off yesterday for me at work

I found the cost in in US$ as well

·
3,942 Posts
I didn't get the manual with mine, Laura printed it off yesterday for me at work

I found the cost in in US$ as well
True - you have to "pretend" that it is in UK Pounds.

However, given that there are 100 cents to the dollar, and 100 pence to the pound, the mathematics still works - AS LONG AS YOUR UNIT IS SET TO LITRES!!!

A US gallon is different to a UK gallon and so will throw the math out......

·
3,942 Posts
While I think of it, my Scangauge was very cool during the last RR at Ric Woods.

As it stores the maximum recorded speed and RPM, I was able to establish that Rambo hit 147mph, and topped out at 6,786 RPM

Great fun!!!

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
(Sorry for digging up an old thread but I didn't see any point in starting another to discuss the same thing.)

Which xgauges are you using right now? I've just printed off the list from the scangauge website and will try some out later.

1) Anyone tried the HorsePower one? I can't believe it would show anything valid!

2) Is Air to Fuel ratio supported on the ST?
3) Is cylinder head temperature supported?
4) Is battery current supported?

Cheers,
Jonny.

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
The horse power one is way off as it went up to 315bhp on mine which I know it isnt, it would be nice but sadly not.

Gauges I use

1. Battery voltage
  2. Rpm
  3. Mph
  4. Cant remember the other

·
3,942 Posts
Don't bother with the BHP figure. It's calculated in terms of the BHP being produced at any given point in time and just produces crazy numbers.

From memory, I think AFR is supported, but it isn't quoted in the "usual" way. You have to perform further math (presumably in your head) to get the reading you would recognise.

I don't remember cylinder head temperature being supported, but water temperature is.

Battery current draw isn't supported, but alternator output voltage is.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Don't bother with the BHP figure. It's calculated in terms of the BHP being produced at any given point in time and just produces crazy numbers.

From memory, I think AFR is supported, but it isn't quoted in the "usual" way. You have to perform further math (presumably in your head) to get the reading you would recognise.

I don't remember cylinder head temperature being supported, but water temperature is.

Battery current draw isn't supported, but alternator output voltage is.
Hiya,

Yeah BHP is just mental - I can't see the point of it. I tried AFR and cylinder head temp tonight and got nothing from either. I only tried 2 of the AFR codes but got a little bored as xgauge is fiddly to set up.

I'm normally running around with: Inlet temp, water temp, fuel pressure and 1 other depending on my mood.

Which AFR code did you get a reading off? Was it measured in lambda ratio? Can you remember the sort of number you saw?

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
The horse power one is way off as it went up to 315bhp on mine which I know it isnt, it would be nice but sadly not.
Well I have the stock map on at the moment and I got 266bhp! I don't know how realistic that is as I have full mods and a focus RS engine with ST turbo. All I know is the RS engine is quicker than the ST one due to the different inlet camshaft.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
And i ask the benifits of running a scan gauge is it just to keep eye oin things.Never really looked into them.
Also the people running them where did you locate them and how do you wire them in.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
And i ask the benifits of running a scan gauge is it just to keep eye oin things.Never really looked into them.
Also the people running them where did you locate them and how do you wire them in.
They do realtime monitoring and trip monitoring which includes things like fuel economy, max temps, max speed etc. Also can be used for reading/clearing codes and capturing snapshot data when a code is thrown.
They wire into the OBD socket above your right knee. I've fed the wire around the windscreen and double sided taped it to the interior light above the mirror.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts