1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just picked up my baby yesterday
so nice. Loving it too, although cant really drive it properly in this weather
gunna put pics up later today or tomorrow once I get her to a good location that I've thought of - will post them in the photoshop forum.

Anyway, my question for this thread is what can you fit post factory on the
in terms of Ford accessories? For example, I'm more interested in the little comforts the moment, such as auto dim mirror, auto wipers, auto lights, keyless entry and the such like. Like my comforts in a car, and unfortunately this one only came with rear park sensors and isofix (which being a single guy with no kids is a whole lot of use
).

Anyone able to help out? Ford said to me on all the bits I asked about that you cant do it, but just wondering you guys knew any different.

Ta,

Dan

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Retro-fitting things like the Auto-dimming mirror, rain sensing wipers, auto lights, DEATC, Keyless entry etc just doesn't prove worthwhile from the info I've seen posted on here.

Rain sensing wipers/auto dimming mirror/auto lights needs first -off a new spec windscreen fitting with the sensor in it, the, new interior mirror, dash switch and some GEM/IDS reprogramming. A few members here have tried it after perhaps having a damaged screen replaced and gettign the higher spec one but i've got a feeling that it's not been possible to overcome the hurdle of the reprogramming needed - possibly only doable at the factory and the original factory config file for the car has to have the options enabled there.

DEACT retro-fit involves ripping the IP out to shange sensors, parts of the heater system and fit new looms etc - tried and the best result so far only ended up with single zone climate control at best.

As for Keyless entry someone recently posted up the list of parts required and you're looking at rewiring most of the car and spending some £2k on parts before you get into al lthe stuff which gets wrecked tearing the car apart to fit main looms, door looms, door handles and lots more.

Upgrading to Bluetooth/USB on facelift cars is possible, that's the only one I can think of.

·
Registered
552 Posts
can pretty much retrofit anything lol.. just have to have enough patience and a bottomless pit of money.

As well as the guts to tear apart a nearly new car if you have a new car:)

Dash should come out easily...usually its considered a major job, but theres a trick (unknown to most of us.. including me)

but look at this video here of ford shoving the dash in, in the factory,
specifically 0:37 time index

whole dash goes in in 1 go, steering wheel, cluster, satnav headunit, dashloom, glovebox, steering column.

then some guy just seems to come along and shoves a couple of bolts in to secure it... so why do we all mess around stripping the dash bare before removing it:S

·
Registered
918 Posts
Nearly all manufacturers fit the dash in this manner - i know as maintain the machines that build and fit the dashboards for Nissan GB.

It is all the other parts fitted after the dash - for example look at the extra access given by not having most of the interior, doors or windscreen in. Plus he only putting the retaining bolts in to hold the dash in - another lad will then go over the car and fit other securing bolts.

Also there is no engine fitted so nothing is actually connected such as heater unit and electrical connectors.

Not as simple as you think looking at the video

Rob

·
Registered
552 Posts
DAB radio is possible yep, but would require a new aerial.. which as far as I know then requires removal of the headlining lol.. but i cant really see why it cant be done by just removing the lighting console in the headlining.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Ford do a kit to fit factory fit bluetooth, (this doesn't have USB) and is for pre-facelift cars and facelift.

I have fitted it, and it fits/works fine. But it does need re-programming at Ford and its a pig to fit!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Bluetooth thats the only thing that i want for mine. I must admit sales guy kind of said it had bluetooth when he pointed at red and green phone buttons on stereo
I never thought to actualy check

·
Registered
59 Posts
QUOTE(converted chris @ 9 Jan 2010, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is the DAB radio from the 09+ spec car's a no no?

DAB stereo will also require aerial base, aerial rod and both aerial leads (probably the hardest bit to fit).

Aerial base can be fitted by just taking out the overhead light, but the leads are a bit harder, also the base connecter is different, so you must fit the leads as well.

I carefuly pulled done the front right corner of the headlining and attached some string to the end of the cable, as I pulled the old one out and used this to carefully pull the new one into place.

Done this on my Mondeo mk4, about 2 hours work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts