Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i had set my budget at £12k for an ST-3 but the following has turned up im debateing if i should go back and pay the asking price or stick with me £12k bid and see if they come back to me.

07 Focus ST-3
Performance blue
6700 miles
Usual spec
digital climate
newer Sony cd player bluetooth 6 disk
1 owner
imacualte condition.

How much do you think its worth??

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I paid 11.5k for an 06 ST3 in orange, with dual climate, and parking sensors and 26,000miles. I thought it was a good price in November but there are some bargains about and your's sounds like one. If it's exactly what you are after I'd snap it up, plus if it's immaculate, are you going to find a better one, probably not, so why look any further? At least that was my thinking when I found mine.

Good luck with it mate

EDIT sorry though you said it was 12k. I'm pretty sure you could pick up a model like you've described for between 12k-13k so I'd stick to your original bid.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
QUOTE(bbg404 @ 22 Feb 2010, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi i had set my budget at £12k for an ST-3 but the following has turned up im debateing if i should go back and pay the asking price or stick with me £12k bid and see if they come back to me.

07 Focus ST-3
Performance blue
6700 miles
Usual spec
digital climate
newer Sony cd player bluetooth 6 disk
1 owner
imacualte condition.

How much do you think its worth??
i sure you could get somthing with a little lower milage for that price

·
Registered
773 Posts
How much are they asking for it as it might help people decide whether or not it's worth it?

3 year old car should have about 30 - 36k miles on it (based on 10 - 12k a year) so it is low mileage for sure.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well its only £13k its a grant more but i had £500 aside for extending the warrenty.

It is exactly what im looking has the toys i want. I know there has been a couple sold with 20k on for 12k may be it is worth it but iv left the offer on the table and i dont want to go crawling to them. if it was at a ford dealership i would stretch for it if they stuck 3 year warrenty in as well but i have no chance of that.

im sooooooo tempted to just ring and stick a deposit down on it but i want to leave it for a couple of days and see if they give in!!

I HOPE it doesnt sell.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(kevin @ 22 Feb 2010, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ill go down with the deposit and say ill have it but only with the 3 year warranty in as well and I'm sure that would work with the right sales person anyway

i might sound like im being a pain in the bottom but i want a Ford warrenty, the garage is in shefield so if i get warranty it would be theres so thats meants a trip down there if things go wrong.

·
Super Moderator
MK3 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
8,488 Posts
QUOTE(kevin @ 22 Feb 2010, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ill go down with the deposit and say ill have it but only with the 3 year warranty in as well and I'm sure that would work with the right sales person anyway

As Kevin said try it what have you got to loose,i doubt there are many people buying
s at the moment,have they had the car up for sale for long

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cheers people im gunna ring ford after work get a price for the warrenty and find out if theres any recall work needed and when the origional warrenty expires.

problem is its not a ford garage its just a dealer ill give them a ring and see what i can sort out

i will keep you posted

·
Registered
327 Posts
I pay £11500 for a 2007 ST3 with 24,000 on the clock a year and half a go from BMW, was trading my Mini Cooper works in and some one had traded their ST in for a Mini, they wanted £12500 for it but haggled them down, haggling always worth it you have nothing to loose

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(bully09 @ 22 Feb 2010, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I pay £11500 for a 2007 ST3 with 24,000 on the clock a year and half a go from BMW, was trading my Mini Cooper works in and some one had traded their ST in for a Mini, they wanted £12500 for it but haggled them down, haggling always worth it you have nothing to loose

Thanks for the confidence if you can do it a year and a half ago im sure there has to be a little give in the price she said the first time i asked she wouldnt budge. Fingers crossed

·
Registered
360 Posts
Do you have a p/x to go with? If so get the best price possible for that, see what glass's valuation says which is what trade use i believe. That should reduce the difference you pay without them reducing price of car. They are usually more flexible on pricing of the extras than the price of car.

If you go in with a serious offer and have funds available you should be in a strong position they shouldn't dismiss a serious offer just stick to your guns. I find it helps if you have other cars in the offing but have a good reason to choose that one over the others, ideally other than its a good price!!

Dont be afraid to haggle, do bear in mind that there is a bottom line though and they wont make a loss on it even if they need to shift it.

It sounds a great car at a good price just ask yourself how much you think its worth and if anything else available comes close. Besides you may even get the extra back if/when you come to sell. I have a feeling you wont regret it whatever you pay 12-13k.

As for the warranty also consider your plans for the car, if your on this forum you will soon get the modifying bug!!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
QUOTE(Orange Man @ 22 Feb 2010, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would think the warranty would be national so you could go local to get repairs done as long as the warranty company ok it

it as to be a warranty appoved garage and im sure that counts for ford as well double check tho, cos i brought A BMW not form bmw got extra warranty with the deal but got BMW to fix it on the warranty when it needed it

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.