Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I am considering upgrading the standard speakers to some components in the near future. What makes do you guys recommend? Im not really uptodate in the car audio scenario. Last time I checked speakers from JL audio and Focal were the better sounding ones. Quantity is not an issue, quality is.

What do you suggest? Also any recommended audio dealers in SE London or Kent that you can recommend. Ideally would like to have a listen before buying, but I understand that its not always possible with car audio.

Obviously I need an amp upgrade to go with this and i have that thought as well in the back of my mind. Not too keen on subs due to space constraints etc.

Help!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I'm running jl subwoffer and rainbow mids and tweeters the jl sub is on a jl amp and the rainbow mids are on a genesis amp and couldn't be happier with the sounds tell ya the truth been running it as that for 3 years as well ,well pleased with it all saying that focal mids are pretty good as well

heres 2 links hope it helps

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/

http://www.sextons.co.uk/

the pic below shows my set up but now i have a jl sub and the left amp is jl now also

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kevin. What do you reckon the alpine component speakers are like? I have always liked theire HU's, but have not really heard any of their speakers set ups. Also which rainbow speakers do you have?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
QUOTE(indyjukebox @ 7 Feb 2010, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks Kevin. What do you reckon the alpine component speakers are like? I have always liked theire HU's, but have not really heard any of their speakers set ups. Also which rainbow speakers do you have?
tell ya the truth the only product i would buy from alpine is an head unit /stereo DVD

the rainbows i have are the Rainbow SLX230 Deluxe pic below .very happy with them as well

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts