Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1341 - 1360 of 1389 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
It costs £50 because it takes time to make and those plugs on the MAF extension cable are not cheap to buy in. There's postage to pay as well, then the seller needs some profit for their efforts too. Is it worth £50 to the purchaser? That's a very different question!

I used wire reinforced silicone pipe to attach mine to the valve. Much easier, so much so that there's no need to remove the vac pipe from the servo to fit them. Makes the job much less frustrating and reduces the risk of breaking something and/or burning hands on a naked flame or hot plastic!

You can see the pipe and joiners here:

Attachments

·
Registered
624 Posts
It costs £50 because it takes time to make and those plugs on the MAF extension cable are not cheap to buy in. There's postage to pay as well, then the seller needs some profit for their efforts too.

I used wire reinforced silicone pipe to attach mine to the valve. Much easier, so much so that there's no need to remove the vac pipe from the servo to fit them. Makes the job much less frustrating and reduces the risk of breaking something and/or burning hands on a naked flame or hot plastic!

You can see the pipe and joiners here:
cheers, fitted it with in 20 mins not a hard job at all, boiling hot water was key rather then using a lighter, only needed to remove 2 of the back clips and the pipe flexed enough to get my hand on it and dipped in hot water (y)

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust Automotive design

1341 - 1360 of 1389 Posts