Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1221 - 1240 of 1270 Posts

·
Registered
MK3.5 Tangerine Scream ST-3 Dinosaur Bone Guzzling Rocket
36 Posts
Get the open cone back on I love the sound :)
It sounds like I've put a whistle in the glovebox with the Cobb 😂
I've put the standard one back in for now, just in case for work tomorrow. Don't want to be limping 18 miles 😂

I don't understand why the open ended one was fine and the one that's close to standard threw up errors 🥴

Just too much air for the diesel I think

·
Registered
36 Posts
Surprised it whistles all the time unless diesels are different.
The Ramair on the RS only whistles for about 20 secs on start up then it’s a superb whooshing sound when planting it :)
I'll be honest the K&N and the Cobb sounded lovely induction noise wise, it's just like I've thrown a couple squeeling hamsters and bats in the glovebox when I put my foot down 😂
Whistles like a dumper from the open cast mine 😂

Do you think Pumaspeed will give me a slightly different map to accommodate? I'm stage 1r now, I thought it would take it fine 🤷

·
Premium Member
Jason SB MK3 RS MAXD 400
3,214 Posts
I'll be honest the K&N and the Cobb sounded lovely induction noise wise, it's just like I've thrown a couple squeeling hamsters and bats in the glovebox when I put my foot down 😂
Whistles like a dumper from the open cast mine 😂

Do you think Pumaspeed will give me a slightly different map to accommodate? I'm stage 1r now, I thought it would take it fine 🤷
I don’t think Pumaspeed would have a different map to accommodate that. They tend to recommend Ramair induction which is why I have it with the MAXD 400 map.

Yoo from Merthyr then mate as you mention the open cast ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don’t think Pumaspeed would have a different map to accommodate that. They tend to recommend Ramair induction which is why I have it with the MAXD 400 map.

Yoo from Merthyr then mate as you mention the open cast ?
I've always wondered why Pumaspeed sell the filters but then don't recommend them with the stages 🤔
My plan is to go stage 2r next year at some point then 3r with the hybrid turbo/single mass but I'm a baby and scared of putting a dummy dpf on and getting caught/failing 😂
Yeah from Merthyr buddy, you close?

·
Premium Member
Jason SB MK3 RS MAXD 400
3,214 Posts
I've always wondered why Pumaspeed sell the filters but then don't recommend them with the stages 🤔
My plan is to go stage 2r next year at some point then 3r with the hybrid turbo/single mass but I'm a baby and scared of putting a dummy dpf on and getting caught/failing 😂
I’m from Merthyr but been living in Caerphilly since 2004 :)

·
Premium Member
MK2 facelift st 2000 puma millennium Chinese 125cc scrambler
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,237 ·
Because it's easy money, cheap to buy in unbranded (most likely from China) then paint their own name on then bump up the price and make a decent profit. It's the same with the BD performance and ram air, they're all the same **** filters with their own name painted on. And the reason they don't recommend them is they are ****, a sock on the end of the maf would do a better job of filtering.

1221 - 1240 of 1270 Posts