Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1201 - 1219 of 1219 Posts

·
Premium Member
Jason SB MK3 RS MAXD 400
3,147 Posts
Can't wait until I can get it all on this weekend, hopefully get some decent gains. Be a while until I can get it on rollers and get actual figures though.

I best start saving for the Intercooler and exhaust 😅
I love it on the RS totally transforms the car produces so much torque mid range. I pulled 410lbs/ft on Sabre’s dyno so if it does the same in the ST it will be noticeable :)

·
Registered
MK3.5 Tangerine Scream ST-3 Dinosaur Bone Guzzling Rocket
24 Posts
I love it on the RS totally transforms the car produces so much torque mid range. I pulled 410lbs/ft on Sabre’s dyno so if it does the same in the ST it will be noticeable :)
Pumaspeed have quoted 235bhp and 490nm (361lbs/ft) with the stage 1, if it gets anywhere near that I'll be more than happy!
To me, the ST picks up so well in every gear standard so it's going to feel like a flying machine once all fitted 😂

·
Registered
MK3.5 Tangerine Scream ST-3 Dinosaur Bone Guzzling Rocket
24 Posts
I look forward to seeing what you think of it (y)
Fitted the kit today. Stage 1r Pumaspeed (Remap, Torque Mount, Induction Hose) I've also fitted a Cobb filter and RS air box.
Can't fault them tbh, everything arrived quickly and the software was easy to use 👍

It's completely changed the car! The change in torque is unbelievable! Very happy with how much it has improved.

The only gripe that I could say I have is that with the Torque Mount you feel a lot more vibration through the cabin at idle and when pulling off in first, also the car just seems louder in general at idle. No more skipping when you floor it now though 👍
Automotive tire Grey Glove Font Bumper
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Premium Member
Jason SB MK3 RS MAXD 400
3,147 Posts
Fitted the kit today. Stage 1r Pumaspeed (Remap, Torque Mount, Induction Hose) I've also fitted a Cobb filter and RS air box.
Can't fault them tbh, everything arrived quickly and the software was easy to use 👍

It's completely changed the car! The change in torque is unbelievable! Very happy with how much it has improved.

The only gripe that I could say I have is that with the Torque Mount you feel a lot more vibration through the cabin at idle and when pulling off in first, also the car just seems louder in general at idle. No more skipping when you floor it now though 👍
View attachment 903935 View attachment 903936
i knew you would like it Puma maps do add a lot more torque but deliver it nicely (y)

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
More pieces of the jigsaw. The bigger picture becomes ever clearer.
Looks like a nice pile of bits you are accumulating there! I see you have the Mountune RS secondary intake, I have that fitted to mine as well, you will need a new custom hose to connect to the turbo, it’s 127 mm long by 65 mm ID the RS one that comes with it is about 2 1/2 inches short to mate up with the ST turbo, I sourced mine through JW racing who ordered one up from Samco, it took literally months to come so one to bear In mind! Where did you get the turbo blanket from? Looks a nice bit of kit!!

·
Premium Member
Mk3 ST305
139 Posts
Looks like a nice pile of bits you are accumulating there! I see you have the Mountune RS secondary intake, I have that fitted to mine as well, you will need a new custom hose to connect to the turbo, it’s 127 mm long by 65 mm ID the RS one that comes with it is about 2 1/2 inches short to mate up with the ST turbo, I sourced mine through JW racing who ordered one up from Samco, it took literally months to come so one to bear In mind! Where did you get the turbo blanket from? Looks a nice bit of kit!!
Thank-you Jameo, sound advice. Yes, I saw on the Mountune USA website that the secondary for the ST requires a longer silicone hose coupler, so I ordered a 200mm x 65mm item (£10.42) from Auto Silicone Hoses on 01/10/21 and it arrived on 07/10/21. It's just like Samco but without the branding.

Turbo blanket from Funk Motorsport

·
Premium Member
2015 (65) ST-2 TDCi 185ps Estate in Deep Impact Blue
23 Posts
Guitar accessory Fruit Auto part Automotive tire Bumper

Finally managed to get a decent new ST Gear Knob to go with the blue RS cap I'd previously purchased.
For those that be unaware, the ST Gear Knob seems to be specific to the ST & RS model, it's weighted and the caps seem to be a slightly different shape to other Focus models.
Some decent bulbs to de-tango the look at the front of the car, and some brighter headlamp bulbs.

·
Premium Member
MK2 facelift st and a retro Chinese 125cc scrambler
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,218 ·
The next little project arrived this morning.

Automotive tire Rim Automotive exterior Gas Machine

I've got no idea if it will work but if it does it should be a cheaper solution to fitting bigger rear discs.

1201 - 1219 of 1219 Posts