Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my local dealers looking to buy some coolent just in case I needed to top up. All they had was pink coloured motorcraft stuff, mine is not pink it's a yellowish colour, what are you using?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The pink stuff I can 100% guarentee is what should be in your car, if its a different colour its either been contaminated, its old and needs changing or someone has topped it up incorrectly in the past.

The part number for 1L which will makes 2l (50/50 mix) is 1336799.

HTH

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(NickC @ 24 Dec 2009, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The pink stuff I can 100% guarentee is what should be in your car, if its a different colour its either been contaminated, its old and needs changing or someone has topped it up incorrectly in the past.

HTH

The cars new, so coolent is not contaminated, just wanted to have some coolent in the garage for when I need a top up, looks like there using something different from the pink stuff now, anyone with a fairly new ST what's the colour of your coolent?

·
Registered
93 Posts
QUOTE(NickC @ 24 Dec 2009, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The pink stuff I can 100% guarentee is what should be in your car, if its a different colour its either been contaminated, its old and needs changing or someone has topped it up incorrectly in the past.

HTH

I went to my local dealers today and they wanted about £7.00 per litre which is fair enough apart from he said its now purple?!

This apparantly is what they have switched to now?? Imagine the colour of pink being mixed with purple!!

Where can you get hold of the pink stuff??

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
The correct coolant is long life coolant. Its pink in colour, different dealers may sell different colours, but the general colour is pink.

Its the same fluid that VW/GM/PEUGEOT/CITROEN Etc use in there cars.

No sure of the correct coding for it, will find out next week and post it up.

·
Registered
59 Posts
the yellowish/green stuff is pretty hard to get most jap cars in mid 90s used this pretty sure they stopped using it because of a chemical in it .

ford been using purple stuff a while think its called royal purple antifreeze or something.

for all pinky/red thats in 99% of st use halfords pink/red stuff as same stuff as volvo/audi/ford/vw use
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...tegoryId_229902

me personally i wouldnt mix colours despite what it says there compatible with. as the cars is new the mix should be pretty strong so if you need to top just drop some de-ionized water in, if you use enough water to weaken the mix that much before its due a change i would be pretty worried

1 - 8 of 8 Posts