Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

I have had my ST nearly 3yrs now and considering a change, would be interested to hear what people would go to next? Or if you have changed cars and are still around the site what car did you go for?

Ideally it would need to be a bit more economical but still sporty, or at least have extra styling touches like audi s-line for instance.

I have considered several motors but struggling to find something as rounded as the ST in terms of what it does for the money.

Considered an Audi A4 2.7 tdi s-line but not too sure on diesels as i think i would miss the performance car aspect.

Looking to spend no more that about 14k

So over to you guys, any recommendations? (other than keep ST!)

·
Registered
269 Posts
To be honest i can't think of a car that you can get for 14k with the same or similar looks, performance and comfort as the ST.

I was a phone call away from getting the old Golf R32 before i got the ST. Glad i saw sense!

Audi S3, Evo8, Type R, Astra VXR.

Id be staying with the ST dude! Maybe buy a new one in a different colour and get the mountune package on it.

You know it makes sense

·
Registered
823 Posts
Dont shoot me
but we have decided to go for a Q5 3.0TDI S-Line. Getting married next year and plan for kids very soon afterwards so has to be compromise. Remapped they produce 270BHP but return 35mpg on the motor way.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
QUOTE(Ultimate @ 10 Feb 2010, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hi all

I have had my ST nearly 3yrs now and considering a change, would be interested to hear what people would go to next? Or if you have changed cars and are still around the site what car did you go for?

Ideally it would need to be a bit more economical but still sporty, or at least have extra styling touches like audi s-line for instance.

I have considered several motors but struggling to find something as rounded as the ST in terms of what it does for the money.

Considered an Audi A4 2.7 tdi s-line but not too sure on diesels as i think i would miss the performance car aspect.

Looking to spend no more that about 14k

So over to you guys, any recommendations? (other than keep ST!)
this i think will do me fine after the

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/largepic....TI&model=.*

·
Registered
148 Posts
I bought a Z4 coupe, awesome but limited practicality.

Giving serious consideration to a corsa VXR (seriously, go and drive one)

Depends what you want, if you dont need 4 seats, take the coupe everytime.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.