Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With having a flash looking car like all of us on this fourm it bring some funny things...

Since getting my
people tend to look at me differantly there is a fair bit of interest from some and stupid comments from others.

A few work colleagues have called me a BOY RACER which sends my blood presure threw the roof as thats not what i am by a long shot.But then this makes me think what are we , I see my self as a
enthusiast.

My reason for this topic is what kind of comments do you get from your friends and family,do they think you crazy spending the money you do on mods or is the comments positive.

safe driving...

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Most people I know dont regard the ST as flash, just a Focus, they think I have brought the wifes car as mine is in for service

I really dont pay that much attention to what people other than my friends say or think, given that my 70 plus year old mother drives an RS I really dont think the family have a problem with it lol

Im just a petrol head that bought the ST as a run around whilst I waited for something else (then the credit crunch happened) and have fallen for the little fella. Best cheap motoring I have had for years.

·
Registered
13,907 Posts
I look at my car as a practical hot hatch, never been called a boy racer. My mates like the car, but would prob choose something rear wheel drive and german. But i like fast fords, always have.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I think it's all change at my work place. The youngest former 'boy racer' has just sold his modded XR2i for a Grand Espace, something to do with all the kids he's produced, can no longer fit them on his subs in the back! Apparently his missus wanted them on seats

So now even though I'm supposedly the most mature member of the workforce I've been branded the new born again 'boy racer' due to the roar of the Magnex pipes, loving every minute

·
Registered
705 Posts
Never been a boy racer thats saxo vtr's with big peco's and pug gti's with wide body kits tryn 2 hard!
wait a min since i got an st 2 year's ago i have 8 points on ma license and teaching these kids a thing or two.
not proud of it though
but i dont like them tryn it on

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I've had the odd "Mid life crisis" comment too.

I've always had Performance Fords since I started driving. I can't see me ever driving anything boring, economical or good for the enviroment either. Life's too short to go round in a rubbish little low emmision car. I really don't care what other people think either, I love my

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I've worked hard to pull my reputation round, everyone in my workplace thought of me as a boy racer and I must admit I was a bit stupid in my early years of motoring. I've gone all sensible nowadays and it's paying dividends in the wallet more than anything else. I don't like to be seen as a dangerous driver, I just get a little too spirited from time to time :-o

1 - 20 of 37 Posts