Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
I think theres something which means they dont have to sell it. Like when Play.com put the james bond boxset on for £9.99 rather than £99.99. They never honoured it, and all orders were cancelled.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I think you need to go through the process and commit to buying them, but tomorrow when they realise they'll cancel the order. Didn't want to put my CC details in for them to send me 4 alloys but charge me full price for them!!! Doubt they could do that but not worth the risk.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Unfortunately gents their advert is on an invitations to treat, legal wording not mine. When you accept to pay their price, they can refuse. Ie if they realise they have made a mistake. If however they accepted your offer of jack s**t, then they would be legally bound in law and have formed a contract. Might be worth a go if you can cancel the order should they charge you full price. Just a thought. Best of luck

·
Registered
557 Posts
QUOTE(Mickyboy @ 6 Dec 2009, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Unfortunately gents their advert is on an invitations to treat, legal wording not mine. When you accept to pay their price, they can refuse. Ie if they realise they have made a mistake. If however they accepted your offer of jack s**t, then they would be legally bound in law and have formed a contract. Might be worth a go if you can cancel the order should they charge you full price. Just a thought. Best of luck

iirc it is called offer and acceptance. You would naturally think they are offering them for sale and you are accepting, but it is the other way round, you are making an offer and they do not have to accept.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
No as above an advert or a prce tag is an invetation to treat.

Also even on offer and acceptance, you can ge tout of it if the offer or on this oocasion the acceptance of the offer from you to buy these items FOC is an obvious mistake, e.g. you right your car off the insurer offers you £1,000,000 for it you know it is obviously an error but accept they do not have to pay it to you, if however the error was just say an extra £1,000 this would not be an obvious error and they woudl therefore have to pay.

In this instance this is an obvious error so they will not have to stand it

·
Registered
58 Posts
DON'T DO IT!!

I tried and I believe that the company is no longer trading. Fortuneately I had a word with my credit card company before hand jut in case (because I wasn't sure due to the price) and they said that if the goods didn't turn up then it would be simple to get the money back.

Hey presto, ordered the wheels and 30days later no wheels, got all the mony back.

If you try and ring the number doesn't work, I tried email and fax neither of which were answered. I rang people on their estate to see if they were there and nobody had heard of them.

In a nut shell DONT BOTHER

Nick

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTEI like the bit at the bottom that says

Please note that four wheels are required for a full set huh.gif

me too!!! Just incase we weren't sure! Maybe they were hoping del boy was going to tart up his 3 wheeler!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts