Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well got the dreaded phone call from the garage and yes shes holed the sump!!!ffs!!! then the bloke at the garage said a you sat down for a new sump its £550 + vat plus labour !!!a nearly fell through the floor !!!a just hope the engine is ok but when she stopped the car the was oil still coming out and when the towed it away there was a big pool ov oil under the car so fingers crossed the engine is ok !! a really do feel like crying so looks like a long day on the tinternet! trying to find a 2nd hand sump!!so if any of you guys no where i can get one from it would be much appreciated buy the way the wife is still here but that spade is looking tempting!!!!hahahahah

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
well got the dreaded phone call from the garage and yes shes holed the sump!!!ffs!!! then the bloke at the garage said a you sat down for a new sump its £550 + vat plus labour !!!a nearly fell through the floor !!!a just hope the engine is ok but when she stopped the car the was oil still coming out and when the towed it away there was a big pool ov oil under the car so fingers crossed the engine is ok !! a really do feel like crying so looks like a long day on the tinternet! trying to find a 2nd hand sump!!so if any of you guys no where i can get one from it would be much appreciated buy the way the wife is still here but that spade is looking tempting!!!!hahahahah
Not good news mate, I would contact all of the sponsors and see if they have one.

Les

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,603 Posts
Not the first time we've seen this but at least there is a good chance of tracking down a second hand sump.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
See if the garage can see a Volvo number if there is ring and get a price mate, from memory I don't remember them being that much.

Here s the Ford number ring to double check price, I found the part number off here 1544649

Les

·
Registered
333 Posts
I hope your wife stumps up the cash for that! Get the garage to check the cams and crank for any excessive wear, just in case

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
a carnt find one for love no money bad timing at the mo but its x mass and everywhere will b shut for the hols god am peeved off big time not gonna be a nice x mass t mozz barrrr humbug!!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
finally decided to go through the insurance as it sounds like its gonna be an expensive job ,thanks to niel at greenlight insurance what a nice chap phoned me up after i had been on the phone to the claims department he couldnt do enough for me cheers neil, it couldnt of happened at a worse time of the year looks like its gonna be into the new year now ,just think of the money a will save on petrol lol!!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
finally decided to go through the insurance as it sounds like its gonna be an expensive job ,thanks to niel at greenlight insurance what a nice chap phoned me up after i had been on the phone to the claims department he couldnt do enough for me cheers neil, it couldnt of happened at a worse time of the year looks like its gonna be into the new year now ,just think of the money a will save on petrol lol!!
No probs mate ill keep in touch to make sure the claim goes smoothly.

Best regards
Neil
Greenlight insurance

1 - 14 of 14 Posts