Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Firstly I'd like to say Happy New Year to all of the members within the region. Hope it turns out to be a good one!!

I'm posting this thread as I want to generate more interest in the club from our members. I feel that the best way of doing this is to try and include a more social aspect to our meets, after all the club is as much about the people in it as the cars. Those of you who have a significant other you may even manage to get them to come along to sample the "unique banter" of the focusstoc! From previous experience I've found that for some unknown reason not everyone shares my love of hearing a five pot engine pop and bang!! So bearing that in mind I'd like to try a variety of both car meets and purely social meets where the car doesn't really feature (except maybe as a form of transport). Any suggestions are more than welcome. So far here are a few of mine (some not so good but they give an idea of what I mean);

Crazy golf: Ok not everyone's cup of tea but it could provide good banter if we maybe break into teams and have a little competition among ourselves!

10 Pin Bowling: Same as above really just with more chance of sliding on your back side!

Pool night: A few games of pool where you can all laugh at how bad I am or stare in wonder at my glorious "fluke" shots!

Karting: needs no explanation really.

A meal: a chance for all of us to show how dignified we can be. Restaurant will be chosen via a poll or something.

Night on the lash: lets' face it, what better advertising for the club than a bunch of drunk folk struggling to stand up?!!

Cinema: either pick a good film that we'll all love or deliberately pick an awful one we can all take the P out of!

As for car meets we'll still do the usual meets/ photo shoots. Maybe an RR day again as it proved a hit last time round but not everyone made it. I'm also wanting to organise a road trip (or a few depending on popularity) where we take our STs for a blast around some of what Scotland has to offer (Loch Ness being a favourite but suggestions are welcome).

I know that the region has struggled for numbers and so I'll probably try to get other clubs to come along too (personally I'd prefer it to be all Ford clubs but that's not set in stone). This may help us to drum up a bit of light hearted competition if we were to go Karting etc too.

When it comes down to it I can only organise events/ meets if I can get interest from the members, there is no point in doing stuff for just myself! I'm more than happy to take on board any suggestions that come my way and will try my hardest to get things done even if it means I'm offshore for the event itself. So come on lads and lassies, let's make the year 2010 a great one for the region.

Gary

PS please use this thread to post your ideas if you have any rather than clutter up the forum. Thanks!

·
Registered
59 Posts
i think its a good idea to organize sumthing for the north il be up for any thing quite like the idea of the road trip just need to get evry1 to agree on sumthing and then do it!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Yeh ideas all sound great and road trip be good! and a night out in town be great for meal or
up, i havent been to crazy golf in aberdeen yet so that a must!

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I do plan on coming up to visit the North Scotland guys again this year, had a good laugh at the show at the AECC last year but it all depends on work as I am away for months at a time.

·
Registered
11,562 Posts
QUOTE(StornowayST @ 17 Jan 2010, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I know that there is a full blown FFOC National Day, but can i ask if there is a FFOC Scottish Day held also ..

I believe Fast Ford Mag day @ Crail is about as high profile as it gets up here

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
QUOTE(Marc @ 17 Jan 2010, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I believe Fast Ford Mag day @ Crail is about as high profile as it gets up here

I have just posted in the Scotland South Region about Performance Ford Day at Crail

Date is now confirmed as Sunday 11th April,it would be good if we could all get together for this event

Hopefully we can get another big turnout Marc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts