Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a strange issue with my Focus when on 1/4 - 1/2 boost I am getting issues with the car kangarooing and feels like its misfiring and trying to cut the power out as if going into limp mode, when on WOT it seems to go away but still occasionally kangaroos seems to get worse the hotter the turbo temp seems to get. I recently upgraded my standard boost actuator to a Forge one as I was told by a mechanic it might be the Actuator at fault but this hasn't fixed the issue, I also had an issue with my dump valve venting to atmosphere going up hills at 1/4 throttle which seemed to get better after I adjusted the pre-load on the top of the GFB dump valve. The only think I haven't changed is the MAF sensor but before I spend more money on this I wanted to know any experts that might have a clue to what is causing this. Also did a smoke test and a leak test and couldn't see or hear any leaks.

List of upgrades

Dreamscience Ultima map - Stage 2 map
Forge Actuator - yellow spring - with two turns of preload on wastegate
GFB DVX
Pro Alloy intercooler and silicon hoses.
Ram Air induction kit
Symposer Delete
Miltek Sport cat and cat back stainless steel exhaust

Regards

Stuman

·
Registered
96 Posts
Do you have to re-lube the GFB like you do with the Turbsmart 50/50? May be that. Or a faulty boost solenoid. Have a look at:

I'm about to change mine due to seemingly random limitations on boost

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
First thing I would do if possible would be to revert the map back to standard & see what happens. That would then rule that in or out. Then look for a leak under boost conditions if possible as sometimes these don't show up on tickover? Lastly how about a hose collapsing under boost & causing a restriction? I have seen that happen on older cars? Lastly have you looked for any codes that might give you a clue?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have to re-lube the GFB like you do with the Turbsmart 50/50? May be that. Or a faulty boost solenoid. Have a look at:

I'm about to change mine due to seemingly random limitations on boost
I haven't taken the GFB DIVX out and lubricated it yet so that's a good idea, but I have discovered something else, when garage fitted my Pro Alloy intercooler they did not mount the MAP sensor on properly and its moving around, they have attached it with two cable ties 😂😂and I can hear air leaking from somewhere so reckon its sucking in air from the intercooler where the MAP sensor should be screwed in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First thing I would do if possible would be to revert the map back to standard & see what happens. That would then rule that in or out. Then look for a leak under boost conditions if possible as sometimes these don't show up on tickover? Lastly how about a hose collapsing under boost & causing a restriction? I have seen that happen on older cars? Lastly have you looked for any codes that might give you a clue?
Reverting the map makes no difference, I tried this and put the car back to standard. couldn't see any hoses come loose or split, Also no codes on OBD snap on reader which makes me think it could be the MAP sensor being loose as its not screwed in properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts