Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys...

As some of you will know I am selling my beloved ST.

I have done an online WeBuyAnyCar quote that has come out at £12,100, I am happy with the price. I have booked an appointment to see if its all a bit too good to be true.

Has anyone had any experiences with these guys??

Cheers dudes

Tom

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
They will pick at EVERY little bit of your car that is wrong to get the price down to what they want to pay.
Worth a try though. Does no harm.

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
I would be surprised if u do get anywhere need the quoted price after all there in business to make money so will look over the car with a fine tooth comb and will knock hundreds of for any little thing wrong

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
I used them before they rebranded themselves as WeBuyAnyCar to get shot of my Peugeot 306 XSi which had an annoying and intermittent misfiring issue which only happened on long journeys, so when they took it for a test drive it didn't happen. I was honest about the state of the car in all other aspects, making sure I noted any and all scratches and marks on the bodywork. This way they had no argument and I got what I was quoted online.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Brother in law used them to get rid of a high miler Focus diesel and seemed happy enough it was a quick hassle free deal, I got a quote a few months ago when selling the wifes mini cooper and they offered over £1000 less than what I sold it for privately. Depends if you want the hassle of selling the car yourself for the potential of a bit more money.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
They are well known for offering well under the average price once you are there, i am sure they were investigated for it too after hundreds if not thousands of complaints about their online quotes being massively lowered once you took the car to them.

But i suppose it all depends on how desperate you are for the money, and how much you are prepared to accept.

My only dealings with them was when i was getting shut of a Toyota Avensis that had particularly high mileage, i really couldnt be bothered with the hassle of trying to sell it private when i already had my new car so needed it gone, and it went within a couple of hours of me having contacted them and driven down there.

I was particularly surprised when confronted by a lad that couldnt have been much older than 23 who then proceeded to go over the car (they didnt look underneath) and then take it for a test drive and start trying to tell me what was potentially wrong with it, he clearly had no mechanical background as he didnt have a clue what he was talking about and was blatently trying to slash the price dramatically, i ended up asking for another bloke to come and assess the car, but it wouldnt have made any difference if i was Lewis Hamiltons Chief Engineer, they have a price and they try to work you down to it, just be as ruthless as them and you can keep it realistic

·
Registered
520 Posts
i know the manager of the sheffield branch
they knock min £63 a wheel if they have a scuff
around £90 if all keys aint there etc etc.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
£75 a wheel! Just had the polo round to them and took all 4 wheels off at 75 each.

Shame about that but new they were gonna slash it somewhere. No matter as garage matches the PX price anyway in the end.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well... appointment was at 3pm... by 3.30pm had agreed a price just over £12k, minus admin fee... just under £12k. But 6 months of tax to claim back... so overall very happy.

The guy was friendly, seemed to know his stuff and agreed I had a decent motor with no issues.

So 18 months of ownership and I have lost £47 from what I originally paid! Not bad.

Now the hunt begins for the family soot chucker... Octavia VRS, Mondeo Titanium X Sport or something else??

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Best they could do was... It has a couple of stone chips.

Didn't even mention the Pre-facelift copy alloys, carbon fibre bonnet lip or the powdercoated brake callipers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts