Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was bored at work so thought I would find out how much webuy any car for pay for my car it's a 2009 st3 with parking sensors and sat they offered £13,735 that not much when you think that this car was over £24,000 , needless to say not getting rid of car

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
QUOTE(david_txr @ 13 Jan 2010, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Was bored at work so thought I would find out how much webuy any car for pay for my car it's a 2009 st3 with parking sensors and sat they offered £13,735 that not much when you think that this car was over £24,000 , needless to say not getting rid of car

ouch! mines same year same trim, surely that can't be right? what mileage is that

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I have found webuyanycars prices have dropped a fair bit in the run up to Christmas and since then,I had done a quote on mine around about then and it had dropped about 3k to a quote weeks before...previously it had actually increased for a few months of last year.

I knew it would not stay like that for ever though

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Sounds about right from them

When I was selling my ST170 they offered me about £1500-£2000 for it, sold it privately in 2 days on Autotrader for £4000

·
Registered
662 Posts
Aren't these sites aimed at people who need a very quick sale as they need the dosh and are prepared to take a stupid offer for their motor ?!?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Its supply and demand isnt it, if they have a huge call for them they will increase prices as we saw last year, currently noone really is desperate for one, so the prices have dropped as the market is probably more saturated with 2nd hand ones than it was last summer.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
QUOTE(david_txr @ 13 Jan 2010, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Was bored at work so thought I would find out how much webuy any car for pay for my car it's a 2009 st3 with parking sensors and sat they offered £13,735 that not much when you think that this car was over £24,000 , needless to say not getting rid of car
Did you actually pay £24k?

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
QUOTE(Mark83 @ 13 Jan 2010, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Did you actually pay £24k?

i hope he didnt coz i got mine for 18 without having priv or military discount, just good old fassioned bargin hunting

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
I can't say i'm supprised they only sell these st's on through third party's so its just supply and demand.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts

£24,000 for an ST? No way, thats outrageous, I bought my ST3 for £15K with a £2000 pric discount.

I wouldnt say that £13735 is a terrible offer

·
Registered
983 Posts
The second hand market collapses around november and picks up around febuary.The main reason for this is the market becomes saturated with mobility cars in November.Happens every year.I got offered 14.5k in october from webuyanycar,in November it was12.2k.So might be worth checking again in a month or so.08 plate ST's have held there value quite well though

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
QUOTE(PHILJB @ 13 Jan 2010, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I can't say i'm supprised they only sell these st's on through third party's so its just supply and demand.
We Buy Any Car are owned by UK Car Group who also own a couple of the car supermarkets; Carcraft et al so expect to see it in one of them for an overpriced sum, on 19% APR.

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
QUOTE(Mark83 @ 13 Jan 2010, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We Buy Any Car are owned by UK Car Group who also own a couple of the car supermarkets; Carcraft et al so expect to see it in one of them for an overpriced sum, on 19% APR.

yep and they also supply brokers who I guess no longer want to buy them .

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
i did our lasses 57 plate ST3 (9000 miles) they offered me £10K, I have just had an email off them the other day saying now gone up to £11750

We only paind £17K for it new so not bad depreciation

1 - 20 of 38 Posts