Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just doing some research and the obvious diff choices are the above but the Gripper and Wavetrac are more pricey than the Quaife and a lot more than the MFactory item. Their argument being there is no loss of traction if one wheel becomes airbourne as apparently this happens with the Quaife, realistically how often is that going to happen and how much of an issue isit really outside of serious track work?

The Quaife does seem like the no brainer option as it is tried and tested but I'd be really interested in understanding the key differences between these diffs and any experience people have of using them.

The MFactory diff is also interesting due to the comparitively low pricepoint but per another thread I'm not sure if anyone on here has taken the plunge and tried one as yet.

Bearing in mind this is not for a track toy, I'm speccing up the car to have great handling and approx 350 (I know, I said I was originally going to have a 260-280 car and no more but I don't need it as a daily anymore as I've got a new job).

· Registered
637 Posts
If you're going for road use and not silly power and don't want low speed cornering vibration/noise etc then you definately do not want a gripper or wavetrac as those are plated diffs and not a torque biasing diff like the msport and quaife, i will be getting a Msport diff for mine shortly, as the quaife is so much more and i've been assured by Gary of collins performance that it is equal to the quaife and of top quality construction.

· Registered
1,734 Posts
If you're going for road use and not silly power and don't want low speed cornering vibration/noise etc then you definately do not want a gripper or wavetrac as those are plated diffs and not a torque biasing diff like the msport and quaife, i will be getting a Msport diff for mine shortly, as the quaife is so much more and i've been assured by Gary of collins performance that it is equal to the quaife and of top quality construction.
Wavetrac isn't a plated diff it's a special patented design, unlike the gripper its fit and forget, that's what I would go for when funds allow ;)

As for one wheel being airbourne think the real world benifits would be in the snow or ice :yep:

· Registered
7,627 Posts
I have a Quaffe Diff in mine an its a brilliant piece of kit, it's fit and forget so doesnt need removing for service like the Gripper and as others have said how often are you really going to have one wheel off the gound on the public roads?

For me the Quaffe is the obvious choice other than for regular track use

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.