Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed recently that i ahve water trails down the inside of the wind screen
, now i always thought it might be just condensation, but the other day there was water on the top of the dash and some running down the inside of the windscreen from the centre. The car is 17 mtns old, are the seals still under warrenty at all or could it be coming from the ariel?.

·
Registered
12,119 Posts
There are no seals on the screen it's bonded all around with a Glue/ Adhesive but they are known to leak, best bet, if not under warranty is to take it to a local windscreen company and get them to have a look, it should be a cheap easy fix

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
I'm sure I've seen some repair info on this issue, though maybe not the Focus
Involved applying more sealer around the windscreen apperture, I can't remember if this included removing the rubber trim strip first.

Hope it's fixable that way because otherwise it means the windscreen coming out and you really don't want to be doing that because then you'll need a new one

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
First feel the carpets, ar ethye wet, you may have a leak somewhere else 9or it could be damp form your shoes due to snow/rain)

Then clean the winscrean with some liquid not the cream stuff, I had a probelm years ago on our lasses when using Autoglym glass polish, used some spray stuff and all sorted (i now water down the auto glym stuff with maguires spray, no smears and no dust)

when you use the car make sur eyou have your air con on

Obviously if you have a leak, the above will not solve your issues but try these first before your spend £££'s as I doubt it will be covered by warrenty after 12mths

1 - 5 of 5 Posts