Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 mk3 ST250
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a wet footwell (considerable amount!) off side front and rear and also under rear seat in a recess where the seat sits, its not wet any where else 🤔 can anybody shed some light on this water leak issue? It's going garage tomorrow for some other work but thought I'd ask..... cheers in advanced

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,854 Posts
In large quantities, I'd say the most likely source was a leaking windscreen or door seal.

There has been rather a lot of rain lately.

·
Premium Member
2006 mk2 5 door pfl in performance blue, CP320
1,291 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he says, really common on mk3, air vents behind bumper allow water in, which eventually fills the wheel well which then spills over.
Lots of you tube vids on it.
Fixed the wife's mk3 with a tube of clear silicone and some tools.
There is a bung underneath the car at the rear on each corner, remove it, if water comes out that's your problem

·
Premium Member
2013 mk3 ST250
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he says, really common on mk3, air vents behind bumper allow water in, which eventually fills the wheel well which then spills over.
Lots of you tube vids on it.
Fixed the wife's mk3 with a tube of clear silicone and some tools.
There is a bung underneath the car at the rear on each corner, remove it, if water comes out that's your problem

Cheers Phil will have a look at that 👍

·
Premium Member
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
1,773 Posts
Also check the rubber seal, where the wiring runs from the tailgate to the body, lift up the seal and check for muck, give it a good clean and a smear of silicone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts