Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Ive got water comic into my boot. Noticed my passenger rear footwell damp and have traced it back to water sitting in the boot, possibly coming in from the sides?

Anyone had similar and know of a fix?

Regards

·
Registered
35 Posts
on my previous 2013 Focus zetec i had the same problem.If you look on the in side of the rear bumper under the car if you see some rubber bungs?pull them out and you might get a load of water pour out.Thats what i did and it cured the problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
on my previous 2013 Focus zetec i had the same problem.If you look on the in side of the rear bumper under the car if you see some rubber bungs?pull them out and you might get a load of water pour out.Thats what i did and it cured the problem.
In case someone subsequently reads this, you didnt cure the problem, you removed the symptoms.

The water is still getting down through in to the vents and in to the insulation material in those compartments, its just no longer overspilling in to the boot wheel well and onwards in to the car.

Theres a solution to the problem itself that involves removed the rear bumper (8 bolts) and re-sealing the vents.

And heres a video on how to remove the rear bumper.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Oh joy the dreaded water ingress!! Had this on my last car... big job but very doable.... I have a couple of vids on youtube too if they help? that first one Paul has posted is a good one though.

Found myself searching this again as a work mate has suffered it in his mk3... its more common than we first think when it happens!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts