Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just been reading around the web site while on the hunt for an ST and some one mentioned paying extra for a good warranty!

So the question is?

What warranty have people got? and what makes a good Warranty??

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

thanks

·
Super Moderator
MK3 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
8,493 Posts
The ford 3year warranty is good i think people have been getting extended warrantys when the 3years is up you can do this through Ford

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
And get your pants pulled down, go for an aftermarket one far half the cost of the ford one, you can get them even cheaper than than.

·
Registered
675 Posts
QUOTE(Dennis @ 20 Feb 2010, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>And get your pants pulled down, go for an aftermarket one far half the cost of the ford one, you can get them even cheaper than than.

I extended mine through Ford and it was £399 for the year. Warranty Wise who after reading lots of review sites etc were supposed to be the best, they wanted £479 for 12 months or £739 for 48 months. I think £399 for a genuine Ford warranty is pretty good value. Plus your less likely to get any problems when it come to getting repairs done, as it is the same as the 3 year manufacturers warranty, take it to a dealer and get it fixed.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
one's thing for sure, i would'nt go with those people who got adverts on the TV, so i've read there funny
's once it comes to claim on something

·
Registered
202 Posts
QUOTE(bbg404 @ 20 Feb 2010, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi just been reading around the web site while on the hunt for an ST and some one mentioned paying extra for a good warranty!

So the question is?

What warranty have people got? and what makes a good Warranty??

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

thanks

Hi mate,
I bought my 07 plate
last week and managed to get a free years warrenty from the dealership so i would try and haggle for one first before paying.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(jasest-2 @ 22 Feb 2010, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi mate,
I bought my 07 plate
last week and managed to get a free years warrenty from the dealership so i would try and haggle for one first before paying.
Hope this helps

haha yeh all well and good haggleing but im haggleing the price down so i think ill be pushing my luck if i tryed sticking in warrenty as well. I will give it a try if the dealership drops there price

·
Registered
5 Posts
When I bought mine, I went for a 3 year extended warranty with the dealer (full parts and labour) that included breakdown cover and discounted servicing over the 3 years. All for £800 ...

I didn't think that was too bad, considering Warranty Direct wanted something like £500 a year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts