Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope people are aware of what is covered in the warranty not to get caught out. My 57 Focus has paint flaking off the bumper and the warranty is 1 year. If I had bought a van it would have been 3 years,whats that all about. Very unhappy customer.

·
Registered
699 Posts
QUOTE(goon @ 29 Jan 2010, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I hope people are aware of what is covered in the warranty not to get caught out. My 57 Focus has paint flaking off the bumper and the warranty is 1 year. If I had bought a van it would have been 3 years,whats that all about. Very unhappy customer.

i thought the paint was a 12 year cover

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes so did I,paint is 1 year on all cars,3 years on vans. Rust and corrosion is 12 years on cars. Make sure the dealer stamps the book on the body and paintwork page,mine "forgot".

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I had a similar moment of "QUOI?!" when the trim around the windscreen came loose and was told "trim warranty's only 12 months."

I don't think it's unique to ford though, I expect that any marque's warranty isn't actually as comprehensive as you'd expect it to be.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its gonna need spraying but I will wait until I'm ready to sell it,which after this fiasco may be sooner than I planned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts