Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
I wonder if anyone can shed some light on this problem ? when i press the voice control button it usually cuts out the radio and voice appears in the display then it beeps, and then you proceed with your voice commands. But now all that happens is it cuts out the radio and voice appears in the display but there is no beep so you cant continue, has anyone got any ideas or is it a trip to the dealership. p.s i dont know if this has any bearing on the problem but i had the auto locking feature installed last week, any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Our lasses has been playing up, I say 'dial name' it comes back with 'climate'?????

Probably nothing to do with your issue but it is a real pain when it goes silly

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
QUOTE(St Michael @ 10 Feb 2010, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I wonder if anyone can shed some light on this problem ? when i press the voice control button it usually cuts out the radio and voice appears in the display then it beeps, and then you proceed with your voice commands. But now all that happens is it cuts out the radio and voice appears in the display but there is no beep so you cant continue, has anyone got any ideas or is it a trip to the dealership. p.s i dont know if this has any bearing on the problem but i had the auto locking feature installed last week, any help would be appreciated.
Update on this problem, my bluetooth is not working also. Will this problem be covered under warranty ? As the car is going into the dealership on weds.

·
Super Moderator
MK3 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
8,494 Posts
I have a similar problem with mine at times she doesn't understand me,keeps wanting to delete Johnst-3 when i try to ring him not sure if this is good or bad

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
the stealers try and say the stereo is only covered for the first year but I woudl argue against this as it is not trim but an electrical componant much liek electric windows, ABS etc.

the voice control is not subject to ware and tear whihc is why I suspect fraud try and get away to limiting the warrnety to 12 months

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
What can i say about this club, it's a mind of infomation just been trawling thru numerous threads about the problems with my voice control and bluetooth and came across one that had the same problem as me. Followed the instructions on what he done ie take fuse 112 out, switch radio on, then off, replace fuse 112 which by the way is the audio module battery supply. And hey presto it is all working again this club is invaluable. Now i have to phone the dealership and cancel my appointment, i think it has just re-booted the system, once again i thank the people on this site for all the info,top club
One other thing you will have to put your key code back in so have it handy.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
You are a star, I never heard of fuse 112 id thisunder theengine bay?

Will give it a tug and it may cope with yorkshire again.

Does it loose all the numbers allocated to voice comands?

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thefuse is in the footwell, not sure on all the memory, but i never lost any of the radio stations stored not sure on phone records

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Really usefull info this
, my bluetooth and USB started playing up yesterday after the car was at a dealers for something totally unrelated, they reloaded the software for the unit and it worked ok, till I got home

So instead of trying the old battery disconnect, waiting 30 mins etc and all that kerfuffle I've been able to work out how to fix things now by just resetting the radio fuse each time it went pete tong again. My bluetooth, Voice and USB kept packing in each time I went to the USB stick - even with the stick removed it still showed the same track info from when it had originally stopped playing. In the end I deleted the album off the USB stick, put it back in and all is now tickety boo. Seems ok with the album reloaded to the stick too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My bluetooth packed in the other week as well, 1 week after my warrenty was up
i had it back into the dealership yesterday and they said it needed a full new bluetooth unit fitted which im not too happy about, all the guy said was that he would ask Ford to make a donation to the cost of the new unit as a good will gesture, he said it would cost around £150

·
Registered
23 Posts
Did you try re-setting it by pulling fuse 112 ?
Yeah pulled the fuse but still no joy
ford have said that they will pay 40% of the cost which leaves me with a bill of £181, not happy especially since my warranty ran out on the 1st July!!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I wonder if i pull out fuse 112 on my missus it would perhaps reset her voice control..............just a thought.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts