Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is seriously starting to do my head in now, basically i keep losing the connection from the wireless router to my laptop, it comes up limited connectivity with the yellow triangle and it wont let me click on it or anything else to with internet settings, the only way i can get it back on is to reboot, and then its a lottery as to how long it will stay on for, i,ve looked at several forums where people have the same problem but the only answer seems to to buy a new router "approved for vista" surely there must be some other fix for this

edit, i dont know if i,ve downloaded a service pack or something which is causing this as the laptops been running on this connection with vista for 2 years with no probs at all, its only started in the last 3 weeks

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
If you know when it started then try a system restore (not sure of its location in vista) Pick the date before you started having issues. This will then then confirm / eliminate the updates being the cause.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
a system restore is a bit OTT for a first punt.

Have you tried rebooting the router? Do you have any other wireless devices experiencing the same issue? Have you looked for updated drivers for your wireless hardware on your laptop? When you lose your connection, have you tried diasbling your wireless adpater and re-enabling it (to save rebooting all the time)?

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTE(yoinkster @ 20 Jan 2010, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>a system restore is a bit OTT for a first punt.

Have you tried rebooting the router? Do you have any other wireless devices experiencing the same issue? Have you looked for updated drivers for your wireless hardware on your laptop? When you lose your connection, have you tried diasbling your wireless adpater and re-enabling it (to save rebooting all the time)?

Its vista! Drivers are poo, and searching for them takes alot longer than a system restore! System restore is quick, easy, and reversible. Only trying to prove what the OP believes has caused the issue.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the advice chaps, tried both ideas and neither work , apparently vista connects to wireless diferently than xp, its a big issue if you are using Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection on your laptop, i,ve been advised to go into network adapters and disable IPV6 which i have done and touch wood i havent lost it for 3 hours now, on further searching the web of my problem it seems its very common when using said connection but the 2 companys are blaming each other and neither will admit it so therefore theres no fix as yet except to go and buy a brand new vista approved router, anyway my little fix is working for no so lets see how long it lasts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.