Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
awsome,
is his traction control light on ALL the time or is that another light ?
(on the right hand side of speedo)

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
QUOTE(s2-st170 @ 12 Feb 2010, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>awsome,
is his traction control light on ALL the time or is that another light ?
(on the right hand side of speedo)
he has the esp switched off mate. light stays on all the time when you turn it off.

·
Registered
252 Posts
tbh with performance + on dry roads I dont think any ST struggles that much its a very smooth map without the torque kick which is what causes traction to be lost, would love to see it again with DSCI or ideally mod C, if it still drives the same I'm sold!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
QUOTE(c.b @ 12 Feb 2010, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>tbh with performance + on dry roads I dont think any ST struggles that much its a very smooth map without the torque kick which is what causes traction to be lost, would love to see it again with DSCI or ideally mod C, if it still drives the same I'm sold!

+1

I imagine that at around 26 degrees the tarmac would be quite sticky...

(going off current temperatures in Australia)

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
i dont see the benifit of the cost ect mine only needs it on really tight corners ie coming off roundabouts. on corners like that with the right knolage of driving it will be the same..

·
Registered
50 Posts
i have to say on dry tarmac like that mine doesn't slip too much either , in the damp though i can barely use 1-2-3 gears lol , would be good to see a vid in slippery conditions .

p.s. im running race+

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I can confirm first hand that in a weather like that you wouldn't have wheelspin in 1st with 300bhp and silly torque.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
LOL

Hardly hard driven, well driven though!

Running performance plus

I think that video does about as much to demonstrate the LSD as it does the indicators!

Cannot see what people are getting excited about.

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
QUOTE(Trist @ 12 Feb 2010, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm more impressed with the very low price Kumho tyres from the vid and how it grips the road.

with the heat thats in the roads there mate any sort of ditch finder tyres would probably get good grip.

not saying kuhmo are bad though. i've never tried them.

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
The clip was a bit too short and disjointed tbh, much better to drive or be driven in a car with a quaiff to see how good they are. Having been in Vlad's car around silverstone, you can feel the diff working hard.

·
Registered
261 Posts
QUOTE(Si @ 12 Feb 2010, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>LOL

Hardly hard driven, well driven though!

Running performance plus

I think that video does about as much to demonstrate the LSD as it does the indicators!

Cannot see what people are getting excited about.

+1

1 - 20 of 24 Posts