Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Im thinking of fitting a Vibratechnics Torque Mount to my
and have been reading a few post about them on here and have a couple of questions.

Im just wondering what is the vibration is that you get when you fit this, where it comes from and how and where you can feel it?

and also how easy is it as a diy fit? i am handy with working on my own cars i always do my own servicing and fitted my coil overs etc myself so just wondering if its easy done myself?

Thanks Craig

·
Registered
675 Posts
QUOTE(craig-st3 @ 24 Dec 2009, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Guys

Im thinking of fitting a Vibratechnics Torque Mount to my
and have been reading a few post about them on here and have a couple of questions.

Im just wondering what is the vibration is that you get when you fit this, where it comes from and how and where you can feel it?

and also how easy is it as a diy fit? i am handy with working on my own cars i always do my own servicing and fitted my coil overs etc myself so just wondering if its easy done myself?

Thanks Craig

Easy to fit, take you no more than 15-20 mins tops. Vibration. Its like a dull vibration right through the cabin. Try and imagine the engine being attached the the car with no damping and what that might feel like. Not as bad as that, but you get the idea. Fit it, see if you like it and if you dont, take it off. It really is easy to do.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
what chris said on the fitting but one point i will make is that from fitting mine i,ve now done 2000 miles and it is hardly noticeable now, can slightly feel it cold on startup but after that mine more or less disapears

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guy

I think i'll fit it and try it see how i go with it the coilovers take away ride comfort anyways so prob wont notice much differnce lol

Craig

1 - 4 of 4 Posts