Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i had the above installed on my car 2 weeks ago and obviously expected the slight cabin vibration but am worried it has not been fitted right as i am getting steering vibration. is this normal? also does anyone actually feel a difference? because i dont.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Just while were on this, I fitted mine 2 weeks ago as well. Wow i loved the thump when the car started and the vibrations. Looks a great bit of kit and well made, Here comes the but. I still have the clunk when i pull away and still have the clunks when changing gear. So i do have a great mount. But just hasent fixed the problems i read it would.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Tyrone the clunck is most likely down to the slack being taken up on the driveshafts, this is quite a common problem on the ST and Ford solve the problem by applying glue to the driveshaft splines.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
QUOTE(menzies26 @ 17 Jan 2010, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Tyrone the clunck is most likely down to the slack being taken up on the driveshafts, this is quite a common problem on the ST and Ford solve the problem by applying glue to the driveshaft splines.

This must be the problem, But what i dont understand is how it can be slack? Its a tight fit in the splines? I've read the guide, can you glue it without taking the driveshaft right out?
QUOTE(TheCustomTouch @ 17 Jan 2010, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Or you can buy some bolts with a rubber bush on that does it as well. Direct from any volvo dealer.

i know the ones you mean, But only one guy actually said that they worked.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Ive had mine glued twice...clunking goes away for about a week then returns...not a proper fix IMO also the volvo nut and washer quick fix didnt work for peeps either IIRC.

Nick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts