Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
I have been in contact with a seller on ebay that is selling these units, he has a limited number and will be updating me on Tuesday with how many he actually has in stock

As you can see from the link below they normally retail at £139.00 but he is willing to let us have them for £80 including delivery to a UK address

http://www.focusrspa...n/prod_143.html

VI monitor is a multi function gauge which provides real time OBDII engine and performance monitoring, datalogging and diagnostics for a car enthusiast, drag racer, home car mechanic or a track day event.
Designed and engineered in Britain by Armour Automotive, VI Monitor works by reading the datastream from the car's engine management system (ECU), via the OBDII port (also referred to as "OBD 2" or "OBD-2") .
VI Monitor installs in seconds, can be moved from car to car and comes with an easy to use touch screen, full instructions, and sophisticated PC comparison software (VI Desktop) to allow you to analysis all of you logged data.
As well as engine and performance monitoring VI Monitor has a shift light, G Meter, the ability to view and reset engine fault codes and over 500 hours of data logging.
With newer vehicles becoming more and more electronically advanced, it is becoming harder to give the enthusiast the information they want....VI Monitor is fun and informative to use, as well as being accurate to within hundredths of a second - Proven in live tests at Santa Pod Raceway

Please add your name to the list if you are interested and I will update the thread when I find out how many are available

If anyone is interested then make a list but going on what Andy has said this doesn't do what a scan gauge can and could well be a waste of money

I will look into whether there is a seller willing to offer a group buy discount on a scan gauge when I next have some time

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
I think you should speak to Andy (fishy) about this before you all go ahead.....

Is this not the item that he didn't get on with (to put it lightly).

Apologies if I'm getting mixed up.

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
As Andy says it was total rubbish and didnt do half of what they promised it would! You also cant contact them in any way other than paying 60p per minute premium rate call if you have any problems! The performance monitor was a complete joke and reckoned our car did a 15 second standing quarter mile including braking for a corner lol!

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As Andy says it was total rubbish and didnt do half of what they promised it would! You also cant contact them in any way other than paying 60p per minute premium rate call if you have any problems! The performance monitor was a complete joke and reckoned our car did a 15 second standing quarter mile including braking for a corner lol!
Strange the guys on the RS site really rate them hence why I have set the group buy up

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
Strange the guys on the RS site really rate them hence why I have set the group buy up
I can only go by our experience! Lets just say we got a refund on the VI Monitor (having spent an extra tenner in phone calls though!) and bought a Scangauge2!

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh well will see if anyone's interested but looks like I'll be buying a scan gauge if this really isn't very good

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Oh well will see if anyone's interested but looks like I'll be buying a scan gauge if this really isn't very good
I would. The Scangauge is tried and tested and liked by people.
Although the VI boasts that it can do more, is it just a gimmick? Andy's opinion suggests so.
Sorry to feel like we're poo-pooing your group buy, but I wouldn't like you or others to waste money when I knew that there were negative opinions out there.

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
Maybe theyve improved it? It was a year and a half back we had one! The bloke promised us that it read oil pressure, oil temp, boost pressure etc but it didnt! He then tried to tell us that it was developed for the RS so wouldnt work on the ST but was telling porkies! See if they will let you try it for a while maybe but get a normal phone number if you plan on communicating with them as they never answered any of our many emails! By the way it could only data log ONE parameter at a time and only displays 3 parameters on the screen! Out of the very limited number of parameters it could read on the ST, i think it was 9 but i might be wrong, 3 of these were throttle position displayed as a percentage, a fraction and an angle?

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
That one looks like a straight copy of the Scangauge but you really need somebody to actually try them for a week to be sure that they actually do all they claim to! The VI Monitor is very "gimmicky" and i can see it would appeal to a certain sort of driver with it displaying things like "G" forces and BHP readings!

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
That one looks like a straight copy of the Scangauge but you really need somebody to actually try them for a week to be sure that they actually do all they claim to! The VI Monitor is very "gimmicky" and i can see it would appeal to a certain sort of driver with it displaying things like "G" forces and BHP readings!
I have a hard enough time watching my speed to fart about with one of these jobbies Fishy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts