Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey

i bought a mongoose, k&n gen2 and bluefin stage 2 yesterday, havings fitted the mongoose and gen2 it was time to do the bluefin, so as they do it took a reading of my original map and then it was putting my bluefin map on the car, just as it was nearly done it shown an error message and returned car to my original map that was saved on the bluefin, having tried this again the same thing happend both times. the bloke who fitted the exhaust and gen 2 took my car out and said that its defo not standard. as im the second owner of the car i called the bloke who i bought the car of only to find that he had dream science softwear on the car somehow forgot to mention this to me when i bought the car of him last year, he also no longer has the dreamscience handset anymore.

my problem is, im looking at buying an intercooler pretty soon and going for stage 2 but i have no idea of the best way around this, i mean can the dream science softwere be wiped of my car so i can start a fresh with bluefin or will it be easier to do this a diff way, if thats the case what is my options.

any help on this would be great, thanks in advance

dave

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
have you contacted superchips for advice mate? or give jared of dreamscience a pm. he's a very helpfull chap & is active on the site regularly.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
have you contacted superchips for advice mate? or give jared of dreamscience a pm. he's a very helpfull chap & is active on the site regularly.
no cant contact them with it being sunday mate, im going to ring superchips 2moz but thought id ask around on here first. so this jared is this a guy on here? and is his username just jared

·
Dreamscience Flash
2,446 Posts
Hi Sir

I just got your pm, I am not sure how the Bluefin handset architecture works, if the device will not program your car it must have a system where the device looks at the uploaded files before finishing loading the tune file to make sure they are correct, I assume it has seen the file on your car is not a stock file and for safety it stops flashing. I am more than happy to flash your car back to stock for you but you would need to come to Hull, I would not advise an IDS update as this may change your calibration number and may cause other compatibility issues with the handset.

Let me know if this helps.

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
hey

i bought a mongoose, k&n gen2 and bluefin stage 2 yesterday, havings fitted the mongoose and gen2 it was time to do the bluefin, so as they do it took a reading of my original map and then it was putting my bluefin map on the car, just as it was nearly done it shown an error message and returned car to my original map that was saved on the bluefin, having tried this again the same thing happend both times. the bloke who fitted the exhaust and gen 2 took my car out and said that its defo not standard. as im the second owner of the car i called the bloke who i bought the car of only to find that he had dream science softwear on the car somehow forgot to mention this to me when i bought the car of him last year, he also no longer has the dreamscience handset anymore.

my problem is, im looking at buying an intercooler pretty soon and going for stage 2 but i have no idea of the best way around this, i mean can the dream science softwere be wiped of my car so i can start a fresh with bluefin or will it be easier to do this a diff way, if thats the case what is my options.

any help on this would be great, thanks in advance

dave

hi mate, i had exactly the same problem 2 months ago, bought mine as supposidly standard from bristol st motors, bought my bluefin and had the same thing happen, like you on a sunday, i spoke to superchips on the monday and they sorted it online, my bluefin however immobilsed my car rather than returning it to stock, the dreamscience map was stored on the handset and superchips removed it online and uploaded a standard ford map the same day free of charge. hope this helps in some way, when u call them ask to speak to michael alvey-anderson in the files dept hell get it sorted for you. good luck matey

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorted, i spoke to jamie at superchips and he sorted it for me no probs, im just waiting on the stage 2 file, he said he will email me when its ready for download, real happy now not a bad week after all ha.

thanks for all the help guys.

·
Registered
118 Posts
How did you not know your car wasn't standard?

Did you drive a standard ST there so slooooooooow compared to a remaped one.

BTW Nice car.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How did you not know your car wasn't standard?

Did you drive a standard ST there so slooooooooow compared to a remaped one.

BTW Nice car.
no i bought the car thinking it was standard and i have come from a scooby so, it didnt really feel anything major, i did however feel that the car had alot of torque but all the reviews on the standard st say they are full of torque anyway, oh well at least i know. just means the stage 2 i planned has now turned to stage 3, i better get saving up ha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts