Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my first dose of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine today.

Haven't felt any side effects so far although to be fair, I wasn't really expecting any.

Counting down the next four weeks now.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Had my 1st nearly 2 weeks ago and only side effect has been tiredness. Will happily take that. Mine was the phyzier vaccine

·
Premium Member
MK2 facelift st and a retro Chinese 125cc scrambler
1,701 Posts
Haven't felt any side effects so far although to be fair, I wasn't really expecting any.
My old man had his first dose on Wednesday just gone, it completely floored him.

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
Had mine a couple of weeks ago.....Astra Zeneca too.

Second one already booked for May.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Got mine tomorrow and the second on 25th May.
Looking forwards, going to a pub in the summer.

·
Premium Member
ST225 - CP340
1,114 Posts
People I know who've had the AZ vaccine have all had some side effects - tiredness, little achy etc (kinda like cold type symptoms). Great to see people are getting theirs though - really can't wait to get mine now (mid-thirties so have a bit to wait yet)

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
yea the question is if you have the vaccine can you go on holiday abroad without a test too(£100 a pop)....and do you have to quarantine when home :brow:

·
Premium Member
Trevor B
1,178 Posts
Under current rules, as of today, the answer is you would need a test and need to isolate. When you have had the jab you can still be a carrier and infect others

However, under current rules you can't go on holiday abroad

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You can't be certain about anything like that just yet Andy.

Remember that the vaccine protects you from suffering the worst effects (certainly any that might threaten your life).

It doesn't stop you getting COVID or passing it on although the window of opportunity for that to happen will be shorter because it won't survive in your body for long.

·
Premium Member
ST225 - CP340
1,114 Posts
yea the question is if you have the vaccine can you go on holiday abroad without a test too(£100 a pop)....and do you have to quarantine when home :brow:
Won't know the answer to this until mid April at the earliest when the govs international travel review has taken place. Situation here (and abroad) is changing rapidly. As of the 5th, nearly 22 mill have had their first vaccine - by the mid/end of May (when flying is allowed again) those 22 mill will have had their second too and likely another 20+ million more will have had their first vaccination. Hopefully by then there's more evidence as to whether the vaccines help reduce transmission rate too. Israel will be a good case study as a large proportion of their country is fully vaccinated.

New variants etc will have a big impact on restrictions and travel corridors - as will the level of protection offered by the vaccine(s). There's probably not a "one size fits all" answer - as it'll depend on vaccination levels, variants, infection rates etc both here and abroad.

·
Premium Member
Trevor B
1,178 Posts
And of course it is not just dependent on "us". The conditions and regulations of the country one is hoping to visit will also have control of what we can and cannot do

1 - 20 of 187 Posts