Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

As title, needed to get the connector off the back of the head lamp so i can dry the unit out 4 MOT tomorrow,

Any1 know how to coz its bafflin me and its statred rainin

Cheers
Mike

·
Registered
323 Posts
Remove top bolts (torx) from headlight, wiggle headlight free, use a flat blade screwdriver and lever the connector free

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
There is a clip on the connector that if I remember correctly has to be pushed in before the connector is pulled off, it is a tight fit and might take a bit of force to get it off.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(menzies26 @ 26 Feb 2010, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There is a clip on the connector that if I remember correctly has to be pushed in before the connector is pulled off, it is a tight fit and might take a bit of force to get it off.

cheers mate
i'll have another go

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
QUOTE(mikehaz4 @ 26 Feb 2010, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>really havin no joy with this,
just seem to be chewin the plastic connetor casing up

You need to try and squeeze the top of the little tag on the side of the connector inwards and upwards, or lever it upwards (gently!!) with a small screwdriver whilst trying to pull the connector free. Maybe a small screwdriver to free the catch and another to lever between the connector and the headlamp body to start it moving. They're a tight fit cos of the waterproof seal in them and the latching arrangement is
. God knows why they use that set-up but they do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts