Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey peeps. Was just returning car to stock for winter, only 20seconds in the module said an error had occurred an aborted the programme. Now I can't start the car and the DS unit isn't coming on when I plug It in. Need this sorting as I'm in work tomoz.
Help me pls

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
What Rich said ^ ^ ^
just swap one from somewhere else into the OBD until you get a map loaded then swap it back

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Right found obd fuse was blown.
But now I won't load any map including stock. Gets to 0% and fails.
I'm getting into panic mode now!

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
Right found obd fuse was blown.
But now I won't load any map including stock. Gets to 0% and fails.
I'm getting into panic mode now!
Best Pm Jared mate or get yourself on facebook and see if you can get in touch with him.
DS are closed until the 7th of January.

Also try cleaning the contact points on the lead in case any dust etc is causing the problem.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Don't know why but after it failed 3 times I tried another 3 times, and on the 6th go it returned to stock. So panic over
Thanks everyone for your help, that's why this club is easy worth £10 per year.
Wil prob be sellin the DS now tho, lost faith a bit

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Don't know why but after it failed 3 times I tried another 3 times, and on the 6th go it returned to stock. So panic over
Thanks everyone for your help, that's why this club is easy worth £10 per year.
Wil prob be sellin the DS now tho, lost faith a bit
I wouldn't blame DS to be honest. The OBD port is always 'live' so plugging any device into it is always going to present a risk of shorting a pin or causing a surge - which is why the fuse is there of course!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the link, sounds like a similar issue but the rs was always working just couldn't connect through the obd port. I'd surmise the ds is ok just the blown fuse.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts