Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I have a 2013 MK3 Focus ST. The upper engine mount (driver side) has a crack round the rubber inner bit and the inner bit is also very squashy. When I press the middle it gives with no pressure at all. I think it's goosed but if it is where do I get a new one and is there an upgrade part to consider. Thanks in advance for any help offered.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Hi folks,

I have a 2013 MK3 Focus ST. The upper engine mount (driver side) has a crack round the rubber inner bit and the inner bit is also very squashy. When I press the middle it gives with no pressure at all. I think it's goosed but if it is where do I get a new one and is there an upgrade part to consider. Thanks in advance for any help offered.
(y)We can supply the original Ford part for £165 or an uprated Hardrace version for £215. Drop me a message to order.

Electric blue Rectangle Cable Plastic Electronics accessory

Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive design Electric blue Tool

Auto part Electric blue Font Plastic Toy

·
Premium Member
Nick - Mk3.5 FL ST3 Moondust Silver
5,709 Posts
When mine failed on the old 500 I got the OEM Ford mount off Andy with the yellow poly insert. Fairly straightforward swap and made an immediate difference. Worthwhile doing whichever way you go as if yours is all soft & squashy inside then it has definitely failed!
Can you not get the poly inserts for the Mk3 Andy?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When mine failed on the old 500 I got the OEM Ford mount off Andy with the yellow poly insert. Fairly straightforward swap and made an immediate difference. Worthwhile doing whichever way you go as if yours is all soft & squashy inside then it has definitely failed!
Can you not get the poly inserts for the Mk3 Andy?
That's interesting. So poly inserts bypass the oil filled rubber damper but use the OEM housing yes.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
That's interesting. So poly inserts bypass the oil filled rubber damper but use the OEM housing yes.
:unsure: No the inserts just sit around the old mount and help make it stiffer. They only work with an original mount that is in good condition and will not stop the mount from deteriorating over time. The uprated Hardrace mounts are made from slightly stiffer rubber and in the case of the main engine mount are not oil filled making them a better long term replacement.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the support folks. Is there an easy way to say if the mount is goosed. I know I have said the rubber bulb on the top that I can see is squashy but I have seen a YT vid about clearances at top and bottom of the mount.

Tight Scotsman so only want to spend where I need to 😉

1 - 10 of 10 Posts