Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hi all,

I've been building up my upgrades and now I want to get them installed. What would I expect to pay for labor as an estimate? Also, I would be happy to travel if someone feels they can help me (Of course we can discuss a price)

- Front Anti Roll Bar Bushes (Poweflex Upgrades)
- Front Lower Front Wishbone Bushes (Powerflex Upgrades)
- Radtec/Dreamscience Intercooler
- Elivate Rear Anti Roll Bar
- Disc/Pads all round (Still yet to buy but I could probably get this done anywhere)

Many thanks,

Liam

·
Registered
866 Posts
Hi all,

I've been building up my upgrades and now I want to get them installed. What would I expect to pay for labor as an estimate? Also, I would be happy to travel if someone feels they can help me (Of course we can discuss a price)

- Front Anti Roll Bar Bushes (Poweflex Upgrades)
- Front Lower Front Wishbone Bushes (Powerflex Upgrades)
- Radtec/Dreamscience Intercooler
- Elivate Rear Anti Roll Bar
- Disc/Pads all round (Still yet to buy but I could probably get this done anywhere)

Many thanks,

Liam
You could fit the intercooler in about a hour n half, really simple to do & only requires a basic tool kit, there will be some fitting instructions on the Internet

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You could fit the intercooler in about a hour n half, really simple to do & only requires a basic tool kit, there will be some fitting instructions on the Internet
I don't have the confidence to do it if I'm honest Dec

·
Registered
794 Posts
I don't have the confidence to do it if I'm honest Dec
Once you have a little flick through the guide, you'll feel a lot better about it. Provided you can get the car high enough, it's a matter of undoing two pipes and two screws. Go slowly and you can manage the brakes and ARB fine, too.

·
Premium Member
Graham - mk2 stage 3
5,228 Posts
Labour rates will vary around the country. SCC are around £70 per hour, Pumabuild around £55. I guess that you will be able to go higher or lower than these depending on the location. Main dealers can be up to around £130

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Once you have a little flick through the guide, you'll feel a lot better about it. Provided you can get the car high enough, it's a matter of undoing two pipes and two screws. Go slowly and you can manage the brakes and ARB fine, too.
I have a friend who has a little workshop so I might see if he is free next week to get at least the I/C on. As I got it 2nd hand, I don't have any of the bits. The only thing I'm unsure about after reading the guide is the horn relocation.

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
I have a friend who has a little workshop so I might see if he is free next week to get at least the I/C on. As I got it 2nd hand, I don't have any of the bits. The only thing I'm unsure about after reading the guide is the horn relocation.
That's the easiest bit. Is there a screw hole on top of the I/c?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Aye. There's never any harm in having a nose about the car first, getting a feel for where everything is and where it all needs to go.

If it's a Radtec you need to drill your own into the chassis, iirc.
Pretty mine are scewed on the Radtec TBH don't rememer Gary at Collins getting a drill out to refit them

·
Registered
800 Posts
My radtec also had a relocation tab on top of it for the horn, but i didn't like being able to see the horns through the grill so i made my own loom extension with OEM connectors and bolted my horns to the side of the radiator cradle infront of the Electronic PAS pump and just fastened the loom extension to the loom that runs along the front crash bar and down to the horns

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Steve,

Contact the guys @ Dreamscience for a quote. Worth the trip and did a good job!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts