Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning guys, thought I would update you on how things are going after we were hit on the way home from the Pumabuild rolling road day last month....
My ST has been declared a write off by the insurance assessor, to say I'm heartbroken over losing my pride & joy is an understatement....even worse when someone else is to blame.
My insurance company have given permission for me to retain all modified parts that weren't destroyed in the crash, so thanks to Alan, Dan & Asbo at Pumabuild they have all been removed.
My car was collected by the insurance yesterday, glad I wasn't there to see it go.
There's been a few issues with the police investigation, its still ongoing & hopefully we'll get some information on this soon....
Emma is doing fine, she was shook up in the crash but thankfully that's all.
I'm recovering well, my chest & neck still hurts & my knee is still swollen but I'm much better than I was.
While we are still waiting for the outcome of the investigation & for my insurance to sort things out I've picked up a 1998 Mondeo ST24 estate to use for a while....I had a 4 door saloon version before my first Focus ST so at least I know what to expect from it....& its still got an ST badge too....!
Depending on the outcome I hope to be back in a focus at some point soon, not sure what focus yet though.
Thanks for reading.
Tony.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Bad luck that pal hope u get it all sorted
put a nice claim for personal injuries too could upgrade to an RS lol

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Good to hear you are doing ok Tony. I saw the pictures, hope the scum are caught or even better they wrap their car around a tree.

It could be for the best that the car is written off rather than repaired. Will give you a fresh start if you decide to go for another FST

·
Registered
204 Posts
I agree, i wouldnt want the car back, i'd never be completely happy with it knowing its been so heavily repaired. I know it's easy to say but at least you and your missus are OK, i went absolutely spare when a taxi driver took my wing mirror off last week so can only imagine how you're feeling, cars can be fixed/replaced so all the best in recovering and fingers crossed they find the culprit.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Glad to hear your both ok and in a way glad the car was written off. Cars are the same after shunts like that.

If they dont trace the car that hit you then I have no faith in the Police anymore. As I mentioned elsewhere there must be a traffic cam/CCTV on the approach and exit that should've captured the reg.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Glad to hear your both ok and in a way glad the car was written off. Cars are the same after shunts like that.

If they dont trace the car that hit you then I have no faith in the Police anymore. As I mentioned elsewhere there must be a traffic cam/CCTV on the approach and exit that should've captured the reg.
I agree. Especially being in the middle of Birmingham. Its not like it happened on a country lane. The police are useless in these situations as they know the insurance will cover it.

·
Registered
12,119 Posts
Tony

Glad to hear that both your partner and yourself are all ok that's all that matters in situations like this.

·
Registered
253 Posts
glad you and your missus are ok i drove past and saw how bad the car was, there should be cameras around that area as just a few weeks before i was up there to pick my engine up i managed to get a ticket for parking on a red route to get cash out the hole in the wall. recieved 3 pictures in total lol, ive lost trust in the police these days myself anyway after having an old 125 nicked could prove who did it everything but they got away with it as usual just felf like they wasnt intrested one bit now my bikes are locked up tighter than a nun shuts her legs lol. hope it all gets sorted for you soon

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
glad your ok, and hope they keep investigating and catch the culprits. i saw some photos of the car, and it did look a mess.
are you thinking of going down the focus st route again?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, really appreciate your comments.
Unable to comment on the police at the moment....there's an investigation still ongoing....
I'm hoping to be back in a focus as soon as possible, not sure if it'll be a ST or an RS yet, there's a lot of things that have still got to be sorted out before I make any decision.
Me & Emma have talked it over, we don't want this incident to stop our enjoyment of these cars & being a part of the ST community, we've met some very good friends through owning our car.
Hopefully the insurance will pay out accordingly & the police do their job & catch the person that caused all this....
I will keep you guys informed on how things go, thanks again.
Tony.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I honestly think that in a situation like this where the cause of the accident fled the scene, that when caught they should be made to pay for ALL costs outside of insurance. It's just so malicious, selfish and insensitive and immoral to flee the scene! Without the legal stuff on top.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Glad you both ok mate. When we heard bout it at pb everyone was shocked. Me and you were looked at your st that day, helping me pick my exhaust. Me and a few others were just leaving when the recovery returned. The car looked in a bad way its a real shame but like others have said as long and your both ok thats the main thing.

Keep us updated pal and hope it goes to plan for ya

1 - 15 of 15 Posts