Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brakes are about 80% worn so I'm looking at getting some new discs and pads in the new year.

I'm going to get standard ford discs but I'm unsure on pads.

On the pads at the minute it says fer on them. Which I'm guessing is ferodo. But I don't think there the ds2500. And Gary at Collins didn't think they where either.

Any ideas on what pads. I'm looking at a remap aswell so it will be quicker than standard. I may do like one track day. But not a regular event. Unless I get addicted to taking it on track

Thanks

Phil

·
Registered
874 Posts
My brakes are about 80% worn so I'm looking at getting some new discs and pads in the new year.

I'm going to get standard ford discs but I'm unsure on pads.

On the pads at the minute it says fer on them. Which I'm guessing is ferodo. But I don't think there the ds2500. And Gary at Collins didn't think they where either.

Any ideas on what pads. I'm looking at a remap aswell so it will be quicker than standard. I may do like one track day. But not a regular event. Unless I get addicted to taking it on track

Thanks

Phil
Hi Phil

Ive got Tarox front and back in mine with standard discs. Alot greater bite over standard pads and cope with the heat alot better with no fade.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
The standard set up(discs&pads) is considered adequate for the odd track day, even if you are running near 300bhp then they will stand up pretty well. Maybe putting in Dot 5.1 fluid, which needs changing every year, will help stop the 4.1 fluid boiling, which needs changing every 2 years.

·
Banned
1,301 Posts
im after new pads in the new yr, standard will be fine but i want something that gives off less brake dust (its a killer washing the RS wheels
)

any ideas?

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,598 Posts
I've not tried them, but I think EBC Redstuff is supposed to be good for low dust.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok thanks for the replies.

I just seen something about cosworth street master pads. Are they more for track. Or will be just as good on the road?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts