Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as above really, has anyone taken it off and does it make the engine growl sound much louder?

regards
Rob

·
Registered
12,119 Posts
I took mine off after having the RS vents fitted

I have not noticed any increase in noise etc and before questions are asked ref removing it, the new RS does not come as one standard

·
Registered
477 Posts
QUOTE(Chris @ 27 Dec 2009, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I took mine off after having the RS vents fitted

I have not noticed any increase in noise etc and before questions are asked ref removing it, the new RS does not come as one standard

beat me to it Chris

·
Registered
647 Posts
I took mine of to fit RS Vents, i cant honestly say i noticed ANY difference all (untill i fitted the vents, the DV sounds louder now)

Its very easy job to do, but unless your fitting vents, i would'nt bother mate.

·
Registered
62 Posts
What about heat/air flow? Any improvements?

Surely that padding stuff (that's the technical term!) must hold a lot of heat.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I'm not the best on "Technical" questions but i'm sure that without all the padding, more heat could be lost through the side of the Bonnet. I noticed just how much heat escapes after i put my hand over the RS vents !!! WOW alot of heat lol, nearly burned my hand.

·
Regional Rep BFG
592 Posts
Im the same , when i got my vents fitted , there was no change apart from the Dump Valve sounding better

When it comes to letting the heat out , well there is nothing better than after a good ragging in a frosty morning and watching that heat escape , Pure Magic !!!!!!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i really want rs vents but the only thing putting me off is how dirty my engine bay would get and all the water and dirty rain etc getting under the bonnet!

·
Registered
44 Posts
same hear i taken mine out when i got the
vents fitted. must be better when driving along for all that hot air to flow out. i cant keep my hand over the vents long burns your hand.

·
Regional Rep BFG
592 Posts
QUOTE(craig y21 @ 27 Dec 2009, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>same hear i taken mine out when i got the
vents fitted. must be better when driving along for all that hot air to flow out. i cant keep my hand over the vents long burns your hand.

yip when u burn ur hands its a sign of good times lol, Robbo , since i got my venst fitted my engine bay is still clean , if you ask people who have theres fitted they will say that the engine bay stays pretty clean , even in the rain there was afew drips on the manifold but that was nothing .

·
Registered
699 Posts
i removed i before i put my carbon bonnet on and noticed that you can hear the turbo spooling up alot louder , then when the the new bonnet went on with the vents it was louder again

Attachments

·
Registered
973 Posts
I took mine off, resprayed the underside of the bonnet to bring it up to show spec and fitted bonnet mirrors
I haven't noticed any noise increase

1 - 16 of 16 Posts