Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon

Just been checking on my tyre pressure on my ST
I only have had car around a month and seems the garage has had the tyres at 27 pressure

I've checked the plate on door and seems it should be 33

anyone here to keep me right and is it likely the low pressure is giving me poor MPG

thanks alot

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
QUOTE(THEEGGMAN @ 26 Jan 2010, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Afternoon

Just been checking on my tyre pressure on my ST
I only have had car around a month and seems the garage has had the tyres at 27 pressure

I've checked the plate on door and seems it should be 33

anyone here to keep me right and is it likely the low pressure is giving me poor MPG

thanks alot

Yes low pressures will give poor MPG and performance! Depends what tyres you have as to what the pressures should be though! On mine it ran 36 psi all round on Contis and Toyos and 33 psi all round on Falkens!

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I've got pirrelli p0's all round,just checked my pressures n. they were all 28/28.5, I've been getting 17.5mph round town, could the low pressures be causing such bad mpg? Also is 33 a good pressure for these tyres?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(fishface31a @ 26 Jan 2010, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes low pressures will give poor MPG and performance! Depends what tyres you have as to what the pressures should be though! On mine it ran 36 psi all round on Contis and Toyos and 33 psi all round on Falkens!

I've got Dunlop Sport Maxx tyres on ?

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
QUOTE(THEEGGMAN @ 26 Jan 2010, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've got Dunlop Sport Maxx tyres on ?

Never used them but i would think that somewhere between 32 and 36 psi would be right! Try using 34 psi to start then try 36 then 32 and see what feels best! Dont forget to set the pressures with the tyres cold ie after the cars been standing at least an hour! Dont set them if its freezing cold and its been stood overnight though as this will give a distorted pressure reading too!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I've got falkens on the front at 33 and contis on the back at 35, I don't think I do mine much different to that many people ...

Not so long ago I found my mpg plummeting, checked my rear tyre pressure and found it was at 10
The most worrying thing about it was the tyre looked fine, no sagging or anything to indicate it wanted a puff so I totally recommend checking your tyre pressures regularly.

·
Registered
34 Posts
ive just done mine today and ive put 33 in the rear and 30 front. it all depends on speed and size of your tyres.

·
Registered
107 Posts
QUOTE(bigsi @ 26 Jan 2010, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ive just done mine today and ive put 33 in the rear and 30 front. it all depends on speed and size of your tyres.

I usually set mine to 33psi at the front and 30 at the rear. Think thats the recommended setting for the facelift ST

1 - 9 of 9 Posts