Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently noticed that my front tyres have worn uneven.
the inner edge is rather bald with the rest of the tyre has plenty of tread. do the
's suffer from this or is it a tracking problem. getting new tyres at the end of the month and the tracking checked hoping this will solve it

·
Premium Member
Graham - mk2 stage 3
5,381 Posts
Most common cause of this on any car is the tracking. Depending on how often you replace the tyres it is worth getting the tracking done 'regularly' to prevent premature wear. My fronts have been on for about 8 months/10,000 miles now, so tracking is going to be checked soon - especially as I have found most of the new potholes round here!

Probably not worth it if you are going through fronts inside 8k miles, but then it's best done when you fit new tyres.

·
Registered
106 Posts
[quote name='st-rhys' date='24 Jan 2010, 08:26 PM' post='648018']
recently noticed that my front tyres have worn uneven.
the inner edge is rather bald with the rest of the tyre has plenty of tread. do the
's suffer from this or is it a tracking problem. getting new tyres at the end of the month and the tracking checked hoping this will solve it

[/quote

Definately the tracking mate. I had the exact same problem. Carefull over them speed bumps and look out for pot holes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.