Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all i need to get some new tyres for my car the thing is the insurance replaced 1 tyre with a michelin pilot sport ps2 however i have looked into getting these tyres but they are £138 from canskill bit pricey for me as i need 3
i was thinking maybe get 1 of the michelin tyres to match the other and get 2 different 1s for the back whats peoples thoughts on mixed tyres? the other option i was looking at was these http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m54b443s134p0 are they any good?does any 1 have them fitted? are these tyres budget tyres as i dont mind paying abit more than this for something better if i got these i would buy the set of 4 and sell the new michelin.
if these tyres arent any good can u recommend some good tyres for around the 70/80 mark

thanks for any info

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I'm not too well up on cheaper tyres, but when I bought the car it has 2 x Dunlop Sportmaxx TT's on front and a mismatched Kumho and the standard Continental SportContact2 on the rear. However I plan on getting 4 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics as they are highly rated and I rated the F1 GSD3 on my last car.

It seems to be alright to have different tyres as long as the front are matched and the rear are matched.

My mate runs falkens on his Civic Type R and thinks they are a good set of tyres. I think if you're going for a 'cheaper' tyre so to speak you can't go wrong with Falkens, they would be my choice, rather than a Kumho for example.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
The Falken 452s are very good as are the new 912s. Far better than the Goodyear F1 GSD3s I had on previously

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
I like the 452's and just replaced my fronts for the same again, not too sure on mixing tread pattern but the price difference for 4 Falken's =£233.80 or 2 Falkens and 1 Michelin =254.90 so would be cheaper to change all 4 anyway and keep the michelin for spare

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi all thanks for all the replys,i have read through some other posts about the 452s and it seems alot of people rate them quite highly as in value for money and the general quality of the tyre itself.so i think that i will order the 452s
and either sell the michelin or keep it for spare

1 - 7 of 7 Posts