Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,112 Posts
My local paper has reported two very nasty thefts of Focus ST's in the last couple of weeks ....

The first concerned a woman sitting in her ST in a supermarket car park - the theives opened the door and when she refused to get out or hand over the keys, one robber slipped a dog lead chain over her wrist and dragged her out, leaving her on the floor terrified as they drove off !

The second happened on Monday - a man heard a knock the the door at 10pm and before he could open it, the robbers smashed their way in. The man was badly cut by the glass and the robbers then pulled out a gun and demanded the keys for his ST ... he couldn't find them and his wife and kids were then threatened until she found the keys. She even had to show the gang how to use the key-fob to open and start the ST !!

These incidents were both on Merseyside, but this sort of thing can happen anywhere these days ... its truly shocking

Stay in your guard when you are out driving and try to hide the ST in your garage if you have one.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Simple things really do help! Scenario 1 above.... use the locks! Whenever I get in I lock the doors. Scenario 2.... get a dog (or a shotgun, dogs are slightly more legal) when the scumbags hear the dog they may think twice.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
QUOTE(FastEddie @ 23 Dec 2009, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My local paper has reported two very nasty thefts of Focus ST's in the last couple of weeks ....

The first concerned a woman sitting in her ST in a supermarket car park - the theives opened the door and when she refused to get out or hand over the keys, one robber slipped a dog lead chain over her wrist and dragged her out, leaving her on the floor terrified as they drove off !

The second happened on Monday - a man heard a knock the the door at 10pm and before he could open it, the robbers smashed their way in. The man was badly cut by the glass and the robbers then pulled out a gun and demanded the keys for his ST ... he couldn't find them and his wife and kids were then threatened until she found the keys. She even had to show the gang how to use the key-fob to open and start the ST !!

These incidents were both on Merseyside, but this sort of thing can happen anywhere these days ... its truly shocking

Stay in your guard when you are out driving and try to hide the ST in your garage if you have one.

Enough said if you stop long enough down there your wheels are gone

shocking news tho,

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
That's rediculous. You could understand the
point of view if they were stealing Enzo's or Veyron's but these are only
s for
sake.
It really is like GTA come to life. Some
orders an
, some other
goes and steals one and delivers it. Makes you sick, a slow painful death is too good for these

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
QUOTE(B_H100 @ 23 Dec 2009, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Anyone tries to carjack me, I'll run the
over.

Doing simple things like leaving a half car gap in traffic light queues can always help if you think you are being followed/threatened.

+ 1 i do this just incase you need move out of the way quickly, normally a couple of feet is good enough but you know what the turning circle is like on the ST lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've 'heard' rumours of some
drivers carrying items such as expandable CASCO style batons in their cars in case of scenario 1 so that any would be car jackers finding their legs snapping. This would of course be illegal and therefore deplorable.
Auto locking doors are also recommended.

As for scenario 2, Rottweilers have their uses......

Detritus.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
QUOTE(detritus @ 23 Dec 2009, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've 'heard' rumours of some
drivers carrying items such as expandable CASCO style batons in their cars in case of scenario 1 so that any would be car jackers finding their legs snapping. This would of course be illegal and therefore deplorable.
Auto locking doors are also recommended.

As for scenario 2, Rottweilers have their uses......

Detritus.

Its not illegal to carry one of these tho breaker bar
used for checking wheel nuts are tight

·
Registered
675 Posts
QUOTE(PHILJB @ 23 Dec 2009, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what can you do though if they threaten your wife and kids? Just let them take it.

Totally agree. I'm not being funny, but its only a f**king car. I'm no soft **** by a long stretch, but if someone comes threatening me or a loved one with a tool at 2am, id just give them the key. Thats why I pay insurance, to protect my valuables from scumbag
who dont think anything of putting people through torment like this. But, id rather loose the car and see my kids grow up than try a hardline approach, end up in hospital or worse, and still loose the car.

An alternative solution, would be to wire you car up with cyanide gas with a remote control. Then gas the f**kers once their down the street, and still get your car back

·
Registered
67 Posts
The problem with using a weapon, other than a short barrelled hand gun of course, is you will probably be outnumbered and will only be able to engage one ars
ole at a time. A good solution is to carry a disabling aerosol of CS gas or similar so you can quickly give each attacker a dose. Just pray that if it happens to you they're not carrying shooters

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
QUOTE(B_H100 @ 23 Dec 2009, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Anyone tries to carjack me, I'll run the
over.

Doing simple things like leaving a half car gap in traffic light queues can always help if you think you are being followed/threatened.

T&T is the rule in securiy, make sure you can see the tyres of the car infront and some tarmac

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just scum really, but i guess thats what insurance is for its really not worth risking yours/loved ones life, it does happen and theres no getting away from it... its a shame but i see it as jelously most of the time.

Rich

·
Registered
476 Posts
Really
to hear this news... we all know it happens ... not just ST's but other cars as well.. think the advice given is very sensible... if you are in/or visiting an area whereby this type of crime is known to happen - take the necessary precautions especially if you have loved ones in the car with you.

My solution would be to keep my pooches in the car... 2x Long haired German Shepherd, 1 x Dobermann and 1x Staffordshire Bull Terrier... would be a nice surprise for them if nothing else..

Keep safe everyone!

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
The
ing scum that do this deserve a good kicking, as for carrying something in the car............I used to have a baseball bat between seat and door but that was a while ago and Ive kinda of mellowed now and dont go to as many football games.

Seriously though ita a
when you start taking things into your own hands, better to take the safest way out of the situation and hand the keys over and let the rozzers and insurance companies do their bit.

Better safe than sorry, even more so if the wife and kids are involved/threatened in any way.

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
I am not up on the law but I think anything that can be used as weapon inside the car within reaching distance is illegal.

If it ever happens to me (although I drive everywhere with doors locked) I would either chuck the keys somewhere they cant get them and leg it or just give them the damn things if they are tooled up, it's a peice of metal at the end of the day and I would not risk my health or my families for it

Hopefully they will crash it and kill themselves without injury to anyone else

1 - 20 of 62 Posts