791 views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  Gardener 
#1 ·
Just a few pics of the new ladys ive got
Thought id get some ducks for the kids i lovem

Attachments

See less See more
#18 ·
[quote name='JoeNobody' date='15 Feb 2010, 09:19 AM' post='661518']
They look great. Do you have a pond for them? I have a couple of chickens and, when I move house later this year, was thinking of getting a couple more, but I do like the idea of getting a couple of ducks.
[/quote
They are land ducks cherry valley so no need for a pond but ive got them 2 sand pits and filled them with water and they love it
. There very friendly breed and will soon be eatting for the kids hand great fun to watch and easy to keep. Egg wise 200/300 per duck per year so omlettes all round
, hope this helps

#19 ·
QUOTE(largey @ 15 Feb 2010, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>They are land ducks cherry valley so no need for a pond but ive got them 2 sand pits and filled them with water and they love it
. There very friendly breed and will soon be eatting for the kids hand great fun to watch and easy to keep. Egg wise 200/300 per duck per year so omlettes all round
, hope this helpsThanks, very helpful. Will be suggesting this to the wife

Not sure about all the eggs though - we're already getting about 600/year from the two chickens...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.