Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two issues - hopefully completely unlinked but both appear occasionally when I get in my car. Can be when I had a short journey or before the drive home after work.

Issue 1 - happily drive along with climate control at 19C with vents on at windscreen and head direction. When I get back in the car and start the engine, the air-con has selected AUTO, A/C ON and 22C. WTF?

Issue 2 - listening to DAB radio, on one of my programmed stations. When I get back in the car and start the engine, now selected to random FM station. Again, WTF?

·
Registered
Mk4 ST280
1,505 Posts
How is your battery? Those both sound like things that happen when the battery isn't able to supply enough power or is disconnected. I wonder if when you crank the engine it's sometimes pulling so much the voltage drops and the modules reset.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
I have two issues - hopefully completely unlinked but both appear occasionally when I get in my car. Can be when I had a short journey or before the drive home after work.

Issue 1 - happily drive along with climate control at 19C with vents on at windscreen and head direction. When I get back in the car and start the engine, the air-con has selected AUTO, A/C ON and 22C. WTF?

Issue 2 - listening to DAB radio, on one of my programmed stations. When I get back in the car and start the engine, now selected to random FM station. Again, WTF?
I'm glad you've posted this question, as I too on occasions experience exactly the same symptoms and have wondered why. I fitted a new Bosch battery April 2021 so I don't think it's that.

·
Registered
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
2,341 Posts
Check the mega fuses for cracks, sometimes they can have cracks you can barely see, check the small white wire that connects to the positive battery connection , they can corrode and is part of the battery monitoring system, the fuses are located on the front of the battery box.
Font Schematic Parallel Rectangle Pattern

·
Registered
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
2,341 Posts
What happens is, the fuses can crack, but be so small that you can’t see it, it may check out ok with a multi meter, but with vibration, you get poor connection.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.