Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys know where I can get a twin exhaust setup like the pic attached locally?

As you can see it look a little bare.

Saw a nice setup on ebay for £375 fitted but in Walsall Birmingham.

its a stainless steel cat-back exhaust system comprising of the middle & rearsection.

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Any of you guys know where I can get a twin exhaust setup like the pic attached locally?

As you can see it look a little bare.

Saw a nice setup on ebay for £375 fitted but in Walsall Birmingham.

its a stainless steel cat-back exhaust system comprising of the middle & rearsection.
Go to your local powerflow, that will be £380 fitted and life time warrenty. As loud or quiet as u want lol

·
Registered
143 Posts
Don't like that - sorry looks chavy
does that model even come with twin exhausts ?
The Zetec-s model only comes with a single pipe (the picture above on the left)
I would be more inclined to get a single pipe on the left and one on the right, like the ST.
Four pipes on a focus does look chavvy IMO

·
Registered
183 Posts
Don't like that - sorry looks chavy
does that model even come with twin exhausts ?
We were all young once, I think it looks ok. His car and all that.

Besides, if you think it looks tacky then it will make your car look that bit better

Edit- personally I hate the "viper stripes" or those random chequered stickers everyone seems to be put on.

Did the ST come with half a chess board stickered on it? No

Does the driver like it? Yes

Everyone mod's thier own car's to their own taste!

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
The below may sound harsh but coming onto an ST forum with a non-ST this is what I think....

Makes the car look like a bobsleigh

I think that looks bad and too much like ST wannabe. If I saw that in the carpark I'd just think, "no no no".

However that rear bumper just looks poo without anything to fill them HUGE gaps. Bad design by Ford me feels. I can see the reasons why you'd want to do this but I just wouldnt. Sorry.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The below may sound harsh but coming onto an ST forum with a non-ST this is what I think....

Makes the car look like a bobsleigh

I think that looks bad and too much like ST wannabe. If I saw that in the carpark I'd just think, "no no no".

However that rear bumper just looks poo without anything to fill them HUGE gaps. Bad design by Ford me feels. I can see the reasons why you'd want to do this but I just wouldnt. Sorry.
That rear bumper is standard??!
lol!!!

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Ok then it looks LIKE sick!

At last we have an agreement!
Dont be cruel.

I got right royaly roasted for suggesting that quad pipes on an ST were less than perfect. Maybe he could fit one of those turbo whistlers in the spare pipe.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds like you guy are having fun

However your right, it's not and ST, no where near but one day.

I would like to thank you ST guys for your info on this as I dont want someone thinking "I bet he got that in Halfords"

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Sounds like you guy are having fun

However your right, it's not and ST, no where near but one day.

I would like to thank you ST guys for your info on this as I dont want someone thinking "I bet he got that in Halfords"
Its all good banter on here, no offence intended and hopefully none taken.
I think your comment will ring true if you go down the quad pipe route.

I'd look at more subtle way of maybe incorporating a new rear diffuser on the car. Something that looks more "complete". Then get a nice single pipe exhaust with a shiny tail pipe. I think this would look a lot better.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
We were all young once, I think it looks ok. His car and all that.

Besides, if you think it looks tacky then it will make your car look that bit better

Edit- personally I hate the "viper stripes" or those random chequered stickers everyone seems to be put on.

Did the ST come with half a chess board stickered on it? No

Does the driver like it? Yes

Everyone mod's thier own car's to their own taste!
Well said that man, it's his car and he can do what the hell he likes with it, if he likes it then fair play to him.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I personaly think quad pipes is a bit to much on a focus, but like others have said its your car so its up to you what mods you do to it.

When i used to have my Fiesta Zetec S i used to go on the Zetec S Forum now and then and im sure i saw one guy on there with a Focus Zetec S and he had put a facelift ST rear bumper/defuser on it with two pipes and it looked just like an ST, it might have even had ST alloys not sure. So you could always go down that route?

·
Registered
13 Posts
IF UR GOING TO SPEND ALL THAT MONEY UPRADING UR CAR TO LOOK LIKE AN ST WHY DONT U JUST SAVE IT AND BUY AN ST, THIS IS WHAT PEOPLE USED TO DO ON THE SUBARU FORUMS , BUY A WRX THEN SPEND 3K MAKING IT LOOK LIKE AN STI, WTF ! MORE MONEY THAN SENCE

1 - 20 of 35 Posts