Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a particular turbo that people fit to their ST3 ecoboost as an upgrade ?? Would you have to fit other parts to gain maximum benefit ??

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Unfortunately Mountune never released that for sale as they didnt think there was a market for it, it was an electric super charger in place of the stock airbox, I have been looking at a big turbo for mine as its something that I would like to do later in the year, atp seem to be the most well rounded kits available from my research but it will need to be done with engine forging as well so not a cheap past time,

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
There is but I doubt the engine would last very long! Pushing it much past the low 300s is a risk I wouldnt take on a stock block and if you are looking to swap the turbo I would be looking at nearer 400 hp to make it worth whilst, then you reach the stock fueling capabilities so may need to look at aux fuel or wmi, from what I understand it isnt difficult to achieve but it isnt cheap either, lots of people in the states seem to do it but it is fairly rare in the UK, there are those that say that a bigger turbo is actually kinder to the engine as peak torque happens higher in the rev range but Im belt and braces when it comes to this sort of thing so forging first

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will knock that idea on the head then and just go for the sports cat and remap

1 - 7 of 7 Posts