Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, thanks for looking in.

I have 2 issue which i think are with my turbo, they may be directly linked...

1. Sometimes, but not always, when hitting about 4-6k revs i get lauched forward in my seat as if i have jammed the breaks on. It then clears and i can rev ok. I thought this was the turbo losing pressure, it's been doing this a few months but as i rarely hit those revs it hasnt bothered me too much.

2. on the weekend when driving along i lost all power, foot flat to the floor in 3rd wouldn't pull at all, then it came back, then it went again (boost gauge stuck on 0 when not working)...Turning the engine off/on clears it but it comes back. Same again this morning on way to work. Obviously this is an issue i cannot ignore as complete lack of power can be dangerous!

Has anyone seen similar issues? The EML has not come on to my surprise (although the stop/start button light remains lit), looking to get an OBD2 reader on it later to see if anything comes up.

Thanks in advance for any comments

·
Super Moderator
13,316 Posts
Sounds like it's over boosting and cutting the power to protect the engine. You'll need to check all the boost hoses for tight connections and leaks :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sean, that makes a lot of sense and could well explain the first issue. I shall investigate

The intermittent issue that started on the weekend happened whilst plodding along in 6th, I get no boost or acceleration power at all. Could the boost solenoid / recirc value cause this kind of issue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Seems to be getting worse, the whole journey home after the first few minutes were powerless. I made sure I didnt go over 2.5k revs too.

Hoping to get it on an obd2 reader later and will update

Edit: one pending P0001 code - Fuel Volume Regulator A Control circuit/Open

Have cleared the code to see if it returns for starters

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update on this.

The second issue was caused by a loose sensor on the fuel pump. As its a locking clip it couldnt have been connected properly since I bought it.

Maybe worth moving this thread to another section as it wasnt the turbo after all

1 - 5 of 5 Posts