Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my
for a couple of weeks - still playing and loving it, especially the noise!
Anyway, how far does everyone else turbo guage move? Not that im being a hooligan whilst driving (or driving miss daisy), but mine only seems to move about quarter of the guage? Is this it?

Thanks, John

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers for the responses/encouragement!!! a remap is defo part of the masterplan for this car, but just not yet...

in the meantime i think im going to have to make a point of driving a bit harder to really 'test' that turbo guage!

·
Registered
379 Posts
mine settles on 1/2 when my foots flat down.

its not been mentioned in the thread but bare in mind that it doesnt do full boost in 1st or 2nd. I have learnt to overtake in 3rd boosts better than dropping to 2nd.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Should try a pumabuild remap only £250 and honestly if drove sensible you will get more miles per gallon which will save you £250 in the long run trust me. Would recommend it 2 as it boosts to 1.2 bar then drops off just below the red to avoid overworking your charger but still plenty of boost

·
Registered
150 Posts
just tried mine and it settles about halfway, so i take it she's stock? very pleased with how it goes at the moment so will chip it when i get bored or the waranty runs out (july) so i take it the chip must change the pressure the wastegate opens? when they are chipped do they make that lovely wastegate chatter noise? hope so!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Mine goes all the way. Has anybody got the RS turbo pod installed that goes to 1.8 Bar. If so how far up does it go on that with a remap.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
QUOTE(pepsisteve @ 23 Jan 2010, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>just tried mine and it settles about halfway, so i take it she's stock? very pleased with how it goes at the moment so will chip it when i get bored or the waranty runs out (july) so i take it the chip must change the pressure the wastegate opens? when they are chipped do they make that lovely wastegate chatter noise? hope so!
You don't have to wait for the warranty to run out.

Mountune and Codered are covered by ford warranty.

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
QUOTE(vicarofsheff @ 25 Jan 2010, 07:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You don't have to wait for the warranty to run out.

And Dreamscience is undetectable by the dealer as long as you flash back to standard before taking it in!

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
QUOTE(vicarofsheff @ 25 Jan 2010, 07:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You don't have to wait for the warranty to run out.

I was un aware of this. Is all code red parts covered by warrenty? please Pm me

Les

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Interesting point about 2nd - I have wondered why it seems to be such a poor gear.

keep mine in 3rd a hell of a lot since finding the lack of power in 2nd (tho it torq steers a tad since the Mountune oops!)

·
Registered
65 Posts

Sorry slightly wrong, the actual answer should be:

Mountune Performance upgrades do not effect the original Ford warranty and the
"260ST kit" is the only aftermarket dealer fit product to do this.

Code Red performance upgrades DO effect the original Ford warranty. They do however supply there own warranty.

Superchips performance upgrades DO effect the original Ford warranty. They do however supply there own warranty.

Dreamscience upgrades DO effect the original Ford warranty and CAN be detected if the dealer or field engineer wish to investigate. They normally do not look unless they are instructed to do so by Ford.

·
Registered
5 Posts
New to website as just picked up mt 07 ST3 from Wakfield yeterday. 850 miles round trip from my front door. Must admit totally enjpyed the drive home. Some bit of kit though. As a newbie i appologise if on wrong thread etc. However can you give me a list of things to check out. And advice on Turbo boost pressure, oil pressure temps etc. Want to make sure this car is a s good as it looks. Full Ford servcie history and only 23500. Ant tips or advice would be much appreciated.
Cheers for
Mark.

ps will post pictures etc when I manage to clean my new best pal.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts