Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right i may confuse people so please be patient. I bought an ST that had a DV fitted where the symphosiser was located in the front left of the engine bay. Now i want to remove this DV as i dont like the "sneezing" noise that it makes. How ever i have read somewhere that the DV on the turbo may have been blanked off when the new DV was fitted. How can i check this and what should i be looking for?
Another quick question is in the photo below under the cam cover is a rubber pipe with a t junction on it an one pipe going into the DV. Should this be just one pipe with no joinsor extra outlets.
Sorry for the thick sounding questions but i really dont know what i am talking about never mind what things are called.

Attachments

·
Registered
658 Posts
QUOTE(SL270 @ 5 Jan 2010, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Another quick question is in the photo below under the cam cover is a rubber pipe with a t junction on it an one pipe going into the DV. Should this be just one pipe with no joinsor extra outlets.
When you remove the DV you just need to replace the T connector with a standard connector. you can buy them from your local sureparts for about 50p
As for the stop valve on the original DV this link should help http://www.grahamgoode.com/dv.pdf

·
Registered
699 Posts
QUOTE(SL270 @ 5 Jan 2010, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Right i may confuse people so please be patient. I bought an ST that had a DV fitted where the symphosiser was located in the front left of the engine bay. Now i want to remove this DV as i dont like the "sneezing" noise that it makes. How ever i have read somewhere that the DV on the turbo may have been blanked off when the new DV was fitted. How can i check this and what should i be looking for?
Another quick question is in the photo below under the cam cover is a rubber pipe with a t junction on it an one pipe going into the DV. Should this be just one pipe with no joinsor extra outlets.
Sorry for the thick sounding questions but i really dont know what i am talking about never mind what things are called.

yes the pipe should just be one piece only added for the dv , and the blanking plate would be on/in the turbocharger it's self so may be quite difficult 2 locate

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
i doubt it would have been blocked off at the turbo end as noone really does that. but they block them off at this end. did you remove a blanking plug out the end of a rubber pipe? as i know in the kit it comes with one and they fit them. i cant see it in the pic so looks like its been removed.have you got the canister thing to replace back?

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
connect the t piece back into 1 straight pipe. and then refit the canister part up to the symponiser (sp) upto where that blanking plug is.
as far as i know thats all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.